WnSoft Forums

Ireland 2007 on Beechbrook.Com

cottage

Not to take away from Barry Beckham's excellent presentation on Ireland, here we offer selected images from among 5000+ taken during our own 2007 holiday in Ireland. Featured areas in the Republic of Ireland are: Wicklow Mtn., Dingle Peninsula, Iveragh Peninsula, Cliffs of Moher, Connemara, County Galway, Island of Inishmore and New Grange. The area in Northern Ireland featured is the Antrim Coast. Run time about 10.5 minutes. Now available on www.beechbrook.com.

Regards,

Bill

Hi Bill,

Beautiful photos and excellent presentation capturing the "mood" of rural Ireland. Loved the choice of music as well - nice Celtic ending!

Best regards,

Lin

Not to take away from Barry Beckham's excellent presentation on Ireland, here we offer selected images from among 5000+ taken during our own 2007 holiday in Ireland. Featured areas in the Republic of Ireland are: Wicklow Mtn., Dingle Peninsula, Iveragh Peninsula, Cliffs of Moher, Connemara, County Galway, Island of Inishmore and New Grange. The area in Northern Ireland featured is the Antrim Coast. Run time about 10.5 minutes. Now available on www.beechbrook.com.

Regards,

Bill

Hi Bill

That is a really good straightforward no nonsense slideshow. Ireland is a very pretty place, and you have captured its essence beautifully, underpinned by a great choice of music.

Thanks for sharing it with us

Hey Bill...glad you got through all those pictures. Awesome photos. I liked the horses and swans and just all the green. Nothing like that in my neck of the woods.

Good Irish music to boot. Great show.

Jeff

Thank you to everyone who has viewed, and also to those that have made comments about, my Ireland 2007 presentation. All of them are very much appreciated ! You're a great group and I appreciate your time and kind words!

I'm quite delayed in responded to each of you because we are in a bit of a crisis here at home. My wife's mother has become gravely ill following a successful run with chemo and total remission of her previous cancer. It appears that after only a month or so it has come back with a vengeance, and in a different area of her body. All of us would appreciate your prayers.

Kind regards,

Bill

• 4 weeks later...

Once again thank you to all that have watched my Ireland 2007 presentation. Our holiday there this past May was truly magical. Everyone we met was so kind, the weather was simply superb and the scenery was just spectacular.

With so many great presentations being uploaded to Beechbrook.Com, the quality of photography and mastery of PTE amazes me. I have so much to learn. Thanks for all your kind comments about my show. They are appreciated !!

On a sad note, my mother-in-law passed away and a memorial service was held this past Sunday afternoon. She was a beautiful woman, wonderful mother and mother-in-law. She is now at peace and that is truly wonderful.

Regards,

Bill

Regards,

Bill

Bill -

Regarding your email today, it does indeed look like we traveled some of the same paths in Ireland, specifically the Cliffs of Mohr (?). On our trip to Ireland in 2005, we were on a tour bus and pretty much confined to looking out the windows at the passing scenery. You on the other hand must have rented a car and stopped when you saw a shot. You are indeed an accomplished photographer; you have many beautiful images in the slideshow.

Thanks for sharing "Ireland 2007" with us. Hope you take another trip soon and bring back more wonderful images.

Take care,

Dave

Bill -

Regarding your email today, it does indeed look like we traveled some of the same paths in Ireland, specifically the Cliffs of Mohr (?). On our trip to Ireland in 2005, we were on a tour bus and pretty much confined to looking out the windows at the passing scenery. You on the other hand must have rented a car and stopped when you saw a shot. You are indeed an accomplished photographer; you have many beautiful images in the slideshow.

Thanks for sharing "Ireland 2007" with us. Hope you take another trip soon and bring back more wonderful images.

Take care,

Dave

Dave,

Glad you enjoyed my view on Ireland, as I also enjoyed yours. Yes, I noted the Cliffs of Mohr shot in your show as well. We probably stood very near the same spot the way our images look, just two years apart! Tour bus or not you did a fine job of capturing what must have been a great time across the pond.

Karen and I did indeed have a car for our three week holiday. For us, it's the only way to go. Thanks again for sharing your particular angle on Ireland. It was very enjoyable. And thanks also for your kind comments on our show as well.

Regards,

Bill

• 1 month later...

I live in Ireland and love to see what others 'see' when they visit. I thought the music started very abruptly and when I heard the 'diddle-e-dee' music I said to myself 'well it's to be expected... but at least it's not Enya". Of course what sounds like Enya appears 1/3 way through. Again I thought the finish / start of the music quite abrupt (but at least it wasn't one of Enya's well known tunes that everyone plays). The last piece of music was great, I thought it suited the images very well - although again at the end it stopped with a pop rather than a pleasant fade.

I hope you don't mind me mentioning the music. I find that when images of Ireland are being shown especially on TV in documentaries, 'diddle-e-dee' is par for the course, with Enya being the stereotype. (The same goes for France with accordion 'Allo-Allo' music.) So perhaps people might be disappointed to see images of Ireland and listen to Mozart. But everyone else loved the music, so it must be Ok then ;-) Just an observation ;p

I thought the photography was great. Clearly there were some typical views of the attractions but there were also some excellent shots. I particularly liked the 3 swans, their necks form a wonderful pattern. For me, although not a typical Ireland scene, this image sticks out and I would be tempted to place it as 1st or last image (probably last). An excellent production, I must check out some of your other shows.

Greetings Allen and welcome to the forum. This is a great place to share and to learn.

Thank you for taking the time to view my short presentation on Ireland. You live in a very beautiful part of the world, and my wife and I certainly enjoyed our three weeks there. We met some wonderful people, ate some great food and thoroughly enjoyed the traditional Irish music, both in the pubs and in church. I'm sorry that you consider your traditional music as "diddle-e-dee". That was one of the true highlights of Ireland to us. We went for the culture and we certainly found it. In the food, in the people and in your music.

Best regards,

Bill

Hi Bill, I am sure you had a great time. We are known for our hospitality. I didn't mean 'diddle-e-dee' in any derogatory sense, it's just what we call it (for a laugh) - as you know we do like to make fun of ourselves. Your show would sound great with some of Matt Molloy's flute music. http://www.last.fm/music/Matt+Molloy He also has a pub in Sligo where, not only can you hear some real traditional Irish music but, you can sometimes be lucky to hear the man himself on flute!