WnSoft Forums

Fade music at end

andrew

I don't know of any way to do this under the constraints given. A native feature would be best, as in PTE fadeout support (not yet implemented). Without native support, if Igor gives us one requested feature, "take action when this slide plays" you could use a custom fade-down utility prior to exit. Neither option exists today.

Fade music at end !

OK !

In next version of "Volume Slider".

You will be able to choose:

After how long time from start show the FADE sound start.

Time interval between steps.

This will be added to the utility for the synchronized show but you can use it for not syncronized too.

Granot

Not to steal any thunder here, but I have been helping debug the fadeout volume control version with Granot and it works great!

It takes advantage of the fact that synchronized shows run for a relatively fixed clock time. You enter the show run time that P2E tells you into an init file for Granot's new utility (still in debug) along with a fadeout time desired, and it all happens the way you want. The show ends with audio fadeout and without special music that has built-in fading. In addition, you get a volume control at top left of screen.

We know that Andrew had asked for last slide fadeout in context of unsynchronized shows. As long as the show is of short to modest length and is designed for low machine stress (hence low timing variability) the new fading scheme will work fine on unsync'ed shows too.

We are presently ironing out the last few details regarding best user-friendliness and all-user-levels usability.

As far as I am aware the best way is via an external sound editor, trouble is they are often far more expensive than PTE. Of course the benefits are that you can mix music and sound effects and blend music together when you want it longer and when I did this years ago with a 4 track tape deck, that cost an arm and a leg.

www.bbdigital.co.uk

Barry