WnSoft Forums

Option to read images at run-time

mbskels

In all P2Exe versions the images used in the slide-show are incorporated into the exe file during the "create slideshow" process. Although this has many benefits it means that the images used in the slide-show must be supplied by the creator of the slide-show.

Could a project option be included which when set allows the executable to read in the images at run-time? The images would have to be located in the same folder as the executable and would have to conform to a naming sequence (eg image1, image2, image3 etc) defined by the slide-show creator when the excecutable was built.

No idea if this would be possible/easy/difficult but if it was included in a future version (obviously only as an option) it would enable slide-show designers to create executables that could display end-users images. The end-user would have to rename their images to fit the naming sequence used by the slide-show designer but there are many software utilities that would make this renaming process easy for the end-user.

I believe this option would open up other uses for the P2Exe product and commercial opportunities for slide-show designers.

You can do this now. Just send the end user the PTE project file, with instructions on how to rename his or her own images, and instructions on how to purchase PTE. This would not only open up other uses for PTE, but increase the benefits to WnSoft as well. ;)

You can do this now. Just send the end user the PTE project file, with instructions on how to rename his or her own images, and instructions on how to purchase PTE. This would not only open up other uses for PTE, but increase the benefits to WnSoft as well. ;)

Hi Al

Appreciate that is possible however the end-user would have to purchase the product, download it, enter the key (how many have problems with that!), and then learn how to use PTE to a certain extent before they can even run the slideshow. None of that is viable for the type of end use I have in mind.

WnSoft would still get benefits from the proposed change (albeit it not a licence fee) as it would spread the word about the program (slideshow produced with PTE at the end as a credit for example). If the licence fee was an issue then perhaps a separate commercial licence (more than the current one) would be an option for those that wanted to use PTE as a graphics viewer in the manner proposed?

So you are thinking of a teensy little .pte player?

It wouldn't have have slideshow making capability, but would contain a "plug" for PTE?

Interesting

jk

Hi Judy

I think the inclusion of this proposal would open up a range of possibilities including - as you suggest - an image viewer.

I could see the DOM selling some of his creations, for example, as a stand-alone image viewer.

Although of course there are a large number of image viewers already available I cannot recall seeing any with the

imagination of some of the DOM templates. With the P2E engine the quality of display and transition would be guaranteed

and I imagine attractive to many photographers etc.

The opportunity to call the P2E executable from within an application and have the last slide (mouse click event or as previously suggested on mouse hover) return control to the application opens up another - possibly endless - list of opportunities.

As I said before not sure if the proposal is even feasible but perhaps if there is sufficient interest ...

Malcolm