WnSoft Forums

Can PTE deluxe combine jpg & video?

KyDan

Greetings, can PTE deluxe be used to create a DVD that is made of

still photos AND digital video like I get from my Sony Handycam???

Will the non deluxe Ver 4.49 do that?

Thanks in advance!

Peace!

KyDan

Louisville, KY USA

Home of the Louisville Slugger bat!

Hi Dan,

If you mean combine stills and video in one slideshow the answer is no. The deluxe version has Video Builder which creates DVD or MPEG files from animations created with PTE and can also create DVD's or MPEG II files from videos but they can't be combined into a single slideshow such as you can do with some software which doesn't use hardware rendering.

The difference is with hardware rendering as used in PTE you get ultimate image quality on computer executable slideshows. Because videos are low resolution compared to stills there would be a major visible difference. Software programs which use lower resolution rendering software rendering can combine video more or less seamlessly with lower resolution still images.

Best regards,

Lin

I watched a slide show today that had stills and at one point it

had clouds moving across the sky.

I thought it was video and stills combined.

Sure wish I could do that!

I have a bunch of Hawaii photos I'm going to make a slide show

with and some video of flowing lava and some water falls.

Wish I could get the video on with the slides!

Thanks for the reply!

KyDan

Hi Dan,

No, you don't need to combine a video and stills to do that - it's easily done with all stills. Here's a sample of what you can do with PTE with all stills. In this sample you have falling snow, lightning, moving clouds, blowing snow, etc., all with still images.

http://www.lin-evans.net/p2e/stormcoming.zip

If you will email me with the details, I'll try to tell you how to do the animations.

data2@lpbroadband.net

Best regards,

Lin

Call me old fashioned,or stupid !

But how does one put this info into PTE?

I mean the info from the file you have given.

Its just in bits what do we do?

I have often downloaded these and did once know how it went but seem to have lost many parts of my mind since.

Sorry I know its me being old !

Thanks

Neil

Hi Neil,

It's a legitimite question. Sometimes we assume more about the user's experience with PTE than logic dictates.

When a zip file containing the components of a PTE show is linked what you do is click on the link, download the zip file and put it in a folder. You can create a new folder in Windows or just use one which has only a few files. Once you have the zip file use the Windows "Run" command with the "All Files" rather than the default "Programs" option. Select all fles then "Extract" them into the same folder.

Once all files are extracted so you can see them start PicturesToExe then use the File Open on the included PTE file. This loads all the necessary files and you can then either use the Previw or you can create an executable just as if you had created the slideshow yourself.

The reason I used the zipped content file was so the OP could get some idea of how the components were used to make clouds move, snow fall, lighning flash, etc., by actually examining the construction. This show was done long ago with 5.0 beta 4 and is a good demo for seeing how PNG files can be used to simulate video with still images. For convenience I'll link the zipped executable below:

http://www.lin-evans.net/p2e/storm.zip

Best regards,

Lin