WnSoft Forums

Blank slide

Millan,

Welcome to the Forum!

To insert a coloured blank slide in PTE, add any slide to the slide list, open O&A, delete the main slide, and select the "rectangle" object at the top left of the screen. Then give it the desired colour by opening Properties / Fill Mode and selecting "solid".

• 1 year later...

I think PTE would be a better program if it had a built in blank slide generator activated by either a right click or from the slide menu, it would also be useful to be able to select the colour as part of the process, chances are a high proportion would be either black or white.

Its good that PTE can already "make" a blank slide by going into o&a and playing around with opacity etc but this isn't very intuitive to new users. It just doesn't feel "right" (or professional) grabbing any old image and changing its properties to be a blank slide, a blank slide should be, a blank slide! :-)

It seems to me that in almost every presentation you make there is a high chance you will want to insert a blank slide so why not have a dedicated menu option for this function?

I have recently introduced PTE to several people and "Where is insert blank slide command?" is a very common question.

I can't imagine this being a too onerous programming task?

Hi Ken

Yes it does work but the point is that you end up with a work around to make a blank slide.

Inserting blank slides is something most users have to do so why not make it real simple to do. Also you endup with you blank slide named whatever the orignal file was called which could be confusing.

If I could insert a blank slide with one click I would feel PTE was offering a smoother more intuitive approach as opposed to diving into O&A which at the end of the day has nothing to do with making blank slides ftrom a new users point of view.

What do others think?

Cheers

Personally I see little point in this feature as it is so simple to create a blank slide (or background, etc.) in Photoshop or whatever, as a JPEG file, and then use this in the PTE sequence. And this techniques gives vastly more flexibility with regards to the content of the blank slide.

Where would the requests for "image creation" features end? Wouldn't we run the risk of this being the "thin end of the wedge" in a drive to turn PTE into an "image editing" tool?

regards,

Peter

Peter I disagree, you aren't making an image or asking PTE to be an image editor you are really asking PTE to quickly and effortlessly provide a point or many points in your presentation where there is nothing! but maybe a colour. This could be achieved in two clicks - right click context menu, brings up a palette to choose a colour - done.

A fade to or from black or white or whatever colour you choose is potentially a common use in PTE I personally use it many times in a presentation it just seems to make sense to have this hard coded into the software as a quick user friendly function.

If you want extra flexibility in what's on you blank slide you really aren't talking about a blank slide and should be making it in a separate image editor, but the majority of cases as I see it only need either Black or White.

I would really like a new users viewpoint as us experienced old PTE users know the program far to well to give an objective view on this. As I have mentioned earlier I have seen new users first hand searching for this command, kinda makes sense if you are developing a software and your users intuitively are looking for something that isn't there maybe you need to consider putting it in, a bit like buying a word processor and being unable to find the Spell Checker as its tucked away in the Tables Menu :unsure:

Finally don't you just love it when something works like a well oiled machine? The whole zoom off to O&A or load up a blank image from an image editor just breaks up the flow for me when I am really concentrating on putting a show together.

Cheers

I have to agree with ADB on this I also have been asked this question.

I do not think it will lead to PTE becoming a Image editor in the least, and if one reads some of the recent posts, many "Advanced" users wish PTE to become an audio editor.

Ralph

I also agree with ADB, Ralph and millan on this.

To insert a coloured blank slide in PTE, add any slide to the slide list, open O&A, delete the main slide, and select the "rectangle" object at the top left of the screen. Then give it the desired colour by opening Properties / Fill Mode and selecting "solid".

This is not a solution it is a "work-around". I would defy any new user to work this out without some guidance or help. That is not good programing.

Peters suggestion to use a black or coloured jpg is what I currently do as I suspect most would end up doing. However while not a "deal-breaker" it would be a useful addition/improvement to PTE to have this function. It gets my vote.