WnSoft Forums

Very fast image sequences

Hi all.

New here to this awesome looking product, and looking forward to what we'll accomplish.

I have an upcoming project that I'm gearing up for, and hope that P2E will allow me to do the following:

Suppose I have 100 images. And suppose that I want to have the first 10 images play at a frame rate of <say> 3 images per second, and then have a 3 second duration on the 10th image. Repeat for all 100 images.

Said differently, what I'm hoping to do is to have a very rapid-fire sequence play (no transition effects needed), hold on an intermediate image, and then repeat this cycle for the next group.

Is this possible?

[uPDATE]

With P2E 5.1 deluxe (full version):

1. I just tried creating a simple slide show with 100 images. After clicking on the Timeline button, then Timed Points, then Set Time of Points, I assigned all slides to 333ms (i.e. 1/3 second). The playback both as preview as well as from a .EXE had very inconsistent timing.
  2. A lot of images in the project were skipped during playback (perhaps accounting for the irregular timing). A quick guess is that easily 30% of the images don't display, perhaps more.
  3. I also tried assigning a 1 sec time for the opening slide, and hit the Update button. This also did not work during preview, etc.
  4. Trying to manually update the length of a timed point (i.e. slide duration) doesn't seem to "stick" in that no matter what value I assign, it reverts to the earlier value.
  5. It's also quite hard to select a time point, when they're all crunched together in the timelines dialog. Is there a better way for me to do this for the "exception slides"?
  6. I have all transition effects turned off, a 4 gig very fast computer.

Many thanks in advance - this looks like a very helpful user's forum.

Best wishes,

Jerry

Hi Jerry

The possible cause for this being erratic is due to large image files.

With such a rapid display you may want to try smaller size.

I have done such a test with images ( 1024 x 768 ) approx. 600 kb at 200 ms, it works fine.

Ver. 5.1

Hi Jerry

If you place three images into a one second slide with quick opacity changes at the required intervals it seems to work OK.

Ive made a quick example using rectangles and but as Hawk says it works with reasonable size images as well. I've attached for you to try. The timing is not very accurate because I made it in a rush but I'm sure you could improve on thatbuy bringing the full opacity to fruition at the the precise keyframe time.

VFIS_Jan25_2008_8_07_30.zip

Regards

Alan

Jerry,

Unless I am missing something along the line I think all you need to do is insert all 100 slides (definitely at 1024 x 768 or equivalent) in the Slide List then -

Under Project Options set a slide duration of 333 ms (remembering to click on "Set for Existing Slides"

Also ensure that under the "Effects" tab there are no effects selected.

Then select every 10th. slide in the "Slide List" using "Ctrl" and click and select "Customize Slide" and set the required time under the "Main" tab ensuring there is a tick in the box. This will apply that setting to the 10? selected slides.

As regards transitions under "Customize Selected Slides" make sure that you have a tick in "Use own transition effect" and that the "Quick(no transition effect) button is selected.

I have tried this out and it works well for me. The benefit I see is that you don't have to use Objects and Animation.

Hope this helps.

John

Jerry,

If you don't need PZM, you might get slightly better results with V4.49.

As a side note:

I notice that (V5.1) under Projects Objects | Effects there is no "Quick (No Transition)" option. If you de-select "Enable Transitions" you get the same result as "Quick (No Transition)."

Another method in some cases is to select the slides you want, and then choose "Customize Slide." From there you can select "Quick (No Transition)" and the result will affect all selected slides.

jk

Hi all!

Awesome info, and thanks to everyone for weighing in.

Actually, Hawk had the insight that solved this. I had done everything else correctly (thanks for the confirmation, Jeb), but all my image files were about 600k to around 1mb. And these were my "lo-res" JPGs.

Simply downsizing took care of everything.

Judy, thanks but I absolutely will be using PZR as well, and actually have been wanting this for some 2 years or more.

Also, thanks to "The Dom" for his tutorials. Just went through the PZR and P2E is even more fricking awesome than I realized!

Thanks again. Doubtless there will be more questions down the road...

Jerry