WnSoft Forums

PC VIDEO RECORDER

Conflow

PC VIDEO RECORDER

Yes its true ~ Your PC can now become a virtual 'Video Recorder' with 'Bulents Screen Recorder'.

I have been testing this Program for Video Conferencing with Pte-Slideshows Exe's as the 'media'

being converted to Video and then shown 'Live' or from DVD-Disc.

So whats New ??

Well this Program converts PTE.Exe's directly into Video Formats: AVI Files ~ Flash Files ~ WMV

which can be uploaded directly to the Web ~ UTube ~ DVD Players ~ iPOD with their Converter.

Pte Uses

1)

For those unfortunates who have lost their Photo Albums, you can now recapture your Photos

from the BSR Video Recorder in 'real time' on your PC once you have the Pte.Exe Slideshow.

2)

For those who want to make Videos 'on-the-fly' without converting to the AVI Format manually.

3)

For those who want to convert Pte.Exe's to 'Flash Format' and upload to the Web quickly.

4)

Also for those who wish to use UTube and iPOD Formats on a regular basis without the druggery

of 'setting-up' and converting the Pte Show into an AVI and then into other Formats before you

get to upload to the Web.

The Program quality is as good as your Monitor settings but takes a little while to familiarise with..

Below are some Screenshots as examples: Web Link is on Image A-0

Have Fun....

Brian Kelly

Conflow Services.

post-1416-1201318204_thumb.jpg

post-1416-1201318217_thumb.jpg

post-1416-1201318233_thumb.jpg

post-1416-1201318255_thumb.jpg

post-1416-1201318309_thumb.jpg

post-1416-1201318325_thumb.jpg

Hi Brian,

Just a quick question as I'm in the middle of trying to recover and rebuild from a total crash. I downloaded this video recorder and it seems that it's a feature rich and fantastic value when compared to the gold standard. The only thing I'm having difficulty with is determining whether "any" of these screen recorders can record a PTE animation smoothly. So far I haven't found one which will give me even a close representation of the real show. The default in this one is 10 frames per second but even when I set it to 30 fps (29.97) it still records animations in a "jerky" way. Resampling doesn't seem to make it significantly better.

I've tried this on a couple of my systems with powerful video cards and processors (3.2 ghz CPU and Nvidia OC8600 GT GPU, etc.) and it's evident that while recording the video performance is being compromised. Have you been able to record a PTE show with animations with smooth AVI results?

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

Sorrry I can't help ~ I have never ventured into 'Animations' but speaking to my son Peter who runs

Fluent Design Ltd. (Web Animators) he assures me that normal video rendering of Animations is rarely

successful even when one pumps up the sampling rate to +100.Fps. Apparently the 'jerkiness' has

nothing to do with the PC ~ its all to do with the lack of Over-Lay Synchronisation which cant be

done with video rendering because thats a Frame by Frame process....I hope I have that correct !!

Fluent Design uses the full 'Professional Suite of Macromedia' (Cost +£1000) and it deploys something

called 'progressive-overlay-rendering' which creates the smoothness required.

(Spielberg and Lucas Film use special Apple-Macs and modified versions of Macromedia to do this)

As I know nothing about the subject except what I'm told, it might be an good idea to give this some

further research down the lines which Peter has suggested.

I'm sure there must be something out there that will create the same 'technique' with Windows.

N.B The attachment link will give you some idea as to what's needed in the research end of things.

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/press/detail.asp?pressID=12

Regards,

Brian.Conflow.

Brian, this seems interesting but as Lin says, is it smooth with PTE? There has been a lot of interest for a long time in easily posting slide shows directly to the Internet, such as via Utube or GoogleVideo, but it should be as a minimum of 15 frames/sec to be acceptable.

Well firstly, Lins' query was about 'Animations' whereas my work with the Program was to do with Video Conference's

and another project where I lost a set of Photo-Files. To recover these I set the Program to 4.Frames/Sec and loaded

in my Pte.Exe and replayed the manufactured video through Win Media Player 10 ~ the quality was superb and I managed

to recover all my Photos consistent with the quality of my Monitor ~ to say the least I was very happy about that.

I will repeat, this Program converts Exe Files to Video ~ the alternative ~ is to make an AVI and then a Video.

The Frame/Rate is fully selectable from 4.Fps all the way up to 50.Fps so I guess one has to try this Program for yourself

and don't forget it also converts to Flash and AVI and WMV, the latter of which is accepted by UTube and iPOD the latter

through the Mac iPod Program. of which there has been so many enquiries.

Here is a 'Link' to the iPOD Program-

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=300173

Brian.Conflow.

Hi Brian,

Thanks, I suspected as much. There just doesn't seem to be any readily available Windows software which can capture an executable video having animations smoothly. This lack of smoothness is the primary reason I quit trying to play back using the Preview function on my AVI tutorials. No matter which software I've tried (most of those available) the PTE playback is always quite "jerky" on the AVI even though quite smooth on the cursor movements and other portions of the recording. It seems that when the "executable" part (previews are actually temporary executable code) is played the recorder doesn't synchronize properly causing jerks in pans, zooms, rotates, etc. On the other hand when you actually "drag" the cursor across the timeline by hand the same sequences can be made very smoothly.

This software makes a very viable competitor to Camtasia at a fraction of the cost. Having multple output capabilities and extremely powerful editing to include frame editing on the AVI is a very useful feature. When I get my new system in and get it configured I will probably switch from my present screen recording software to this which is much more flexible.

Bottom line is I think for capturing still frames from your PTE shows this is the "cat's meow". For doing tutorials etc., it sure beats the high priced competition in many useful ways. Thanks for drawing our attention to this great product.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi,

I tried this program and recorded the photoshop guys from photoshop user tv. The sound was out of sync with the movie. Now it could be the fact that I have found I have a problem with my internet connection and am waiting for a new modem. A slight lack of memory on this machine, or the fact that I may well have set it up all wrong. It worked well apart from this problem and even though it has an adjustor to try to sync the sound I could not make a success of it.

I have not tried to use it since.

It was quite straight forward to record the screen movie. If anyone has any idea about the settings for the sound syncing I would be interested to hear.

I will try again when the new modem arrives.

Glenys

Brian, since you have the program in hand, could you make a quick test of a short slide show using existing images, run them through the Bulent app, post it on YouTube and let us see it for a few days just to verify the process. If this works as advertised and as you say, this could be a very exciting means of getting direct download of PTE slide shows with out the laborious process of downloading an .exe file to look at.

Hi Bill,

If you have any animations (pan, zoom, rotate) in your slideshows this isn't going to work for you, The problem as Brian has explained is one of synchronization with fames. PTE executable shows have differential frame speeds depending on what's happening. The recorder records at a constant speed and this causes jerky movement. You don't get this when a PTE show is converted to AVI or MPEG but when you try to capture from the screen it's an issue. You are just as well off to just use PTE to create a small web-sized AVI to upload to YouTube as to go through the process of playing an executable and recording it via the screen. The primary value of this program is for those creating tutorials or desiring to capture multiple still images from a PTE executable video not for capturing the the animated show.

Best regards,

Lin

Brian, since you have the program in hand, could you make a quick test of a short slide show using existing images, run them through the Bulent app, post it on YouTube and let us see it for a few days just to verify the process. If this works as advertised and as you say, this could be a very exciting means of getting direct download of PTE slide shows with out the laborious process of downloading an .exe file to look at.

Bill,

I'm afraid Lin beat me to it ~ yes Lin is correct, this PC Video Recorder is designed for 'Straight-Shows' or

Picture Albums or even VCR Recordings ~ it works with all 'Static-Images' or 'Constant Frame Rate' Shows

but not with 'Variable Frame Rate Shows' such as those containing Pan-Zoom and Panoramas. (PTE.5xxx)

It will work with PTE.5xx provided you don't use those utilities.

Not withstanding that, this Program offers a lot more than what we have become used too, and for those

who want a 'quik' Video from a straight PTE.Exe File there is very little to beat it and its Flash Converter

is really good. It does however demand a small learning curve simply because it uses some 'Controls' which

we are not familiar with.

Brian.Conflow.

Glenys,

You said...

"..I tried this program and recorded the photoshop guys from photoshop user tv. The sound was out of sync

with the movie.."

Yes this would be true because it looks to me as if you recorded a 'Streaming Movie or Video' and as this has

to be 'buffered' in memory there is always a delay on sound even when you use Win Player 10. The trick is to

re-run it again which usually gets you back into Sync ~ or try a different player like 'Quicktime' or 'Realtime' or

indeed try Adobe's own Player which is the Macromedia Player, that should sort it as they own Photoshop.

Brian.Conflow.