WnSoft Forums

Excellent projector for slideshows

Igor

I just bought newest FullHD 1920x1080 LCD projector Epson 1080UB.

This projector is real breakthrough for LCD projectors. It has in five-seven times more deep black level than my previous LCD projector Panasonic AE900.

Epson 1080UB has real contrast 4000:1 without IRIS.

No flickering and no rainbow effect, of course.

I watched several slideshows and I never seen before such natural picture with clear colors and perfect contrast. Pure joy to watch slideshows on this 16:9 projector.

Highly recommended.

Cost of home version of this projector $2800 in USA. Released in December of 2007.

Review: http://www.projectorreviews.com/epson/powe...080ub/index.php

Igor,

The specs for this projector are indeed a break-through, but I can't find anything about the noise level on the Epson website. Maybe you can tell us more about the noise of the machine? This can be very important, for instance in a room at home.

Thanks,

Henri.

I got my decibel meter out and recorded the following sound levels in my computor room - conditions at start - tv on and computor running - 65.3 db

tv off -61.3 db

i then stuck the snout of the meter directly at one of the air intakes of the computor - 67 db

and from the instructions of the meter they show elevator music as 70 db

specs for my meter

see

http://www.thesourcecc.com/estore/Product....product=1219799

I bought the meter after Ronnie tried to give me a lesson in sound -- comparing 160/192/256/320 kb discs -- a definite change in db level between the different recordings.

when i worked we were always trying to lower sound levels in the powerplant to comply with regulations - a very time and money consuming project

a +- 2-3 db change is quite significant

ken

I bought the meter after Ronnie tried to give me a lesson in sound -- comparing 160/192/256/320 kb discs -- a definite change in db level between the different recordings.

ken

Ken is referring to the 'bitrate setting' when recording music. This is particularly important when making mp3 music files for your PTE slide shows. I have always recorded at a bitrate of 320 because I think that this produces a better quality playback sound, but it does make the file size larger.

Ron

I recommended this projector because it's a first LCD projector with real contrast 4000:1 (50'000:1 if dynamic IRIS turned on) and contrast matches the best one chip DLP projectors.

For now I will compose my slideshows in 16:9 aspect ratio. Later when we add Blu-Ray authoring, you will able easily create and burn 1920x1080 slideshows on Blu-Ray discs for such FullHD projector or TV.

In USA Epson suggests two models Home ($2800) and Pro ($3999). Pro contains free ceil mounting, spare bulb, black color of the projector and more professional color settings.

European version (TW2000) is exactly same projector as Pro (black color and professional settings) but without ceil mounting and no spare lamp.

In Russia official cost of TW2000 is $13000. Much more than in Europe. Because of this I ordered the projector on eBay (for $3300 + customs duty).