WnSoft Forums

Flinthills revisited

dpeterso

I've recently been learning to use frames in PTE. Barry's presentations, as well as from other members, usually seem to look better on a rather square computer screen if they are framed to give a more landscaped perspective. So that is what I've done to one of my original slideshows. It's framed at 1280 X 1024 resolution. I don't know what happens if you look at it with a resolution of 1024 X 768.

Let me know if you think it improves the show or makes it worse.

Dave

http://www.epetersons.com/slideshows/Flint...280x1024%29.zip

A definite improvement David. :)

Your choice of the texture and colour of the mat, (frame), was excellent and matched the images very well, in fact I think made them look better.

On my screen, (set to 1280x960), the image looked as the attachment shows, which I don't think is a problem for me.

If the image is not satisfactory when a viewer looks at any show that is set at a different resolution than their screen setting I think the answer is to set the screen resolution to match the show and reset it after viewing. It is no big deal to do this.

Well done.

post-3194-1202448602_thumb.jpg

Hello Dave,

I have just watched your show and thoroughly enjoyed it. The photographs were super with wonderfully saturated colours and the music matched perfectly the sense of the open spaces of this landscape (obviously your intention). The transitions were bang on and 'no animation'.

My screen is 1152 / 864 ...a small gap on either side which didn't upset the viewing at all.

Well done.

Anthony

Yes, like being young and free and running barefoot in the soft dew-covered grass and looking way up to feed a horse a sugar cube and hearing a tractor out plowing early in the morning. Your pictures are beautiful. My favorite transition is about 1/2 way, and transitions from one field to another field with two horses....the horizon lines up between the two images...I just liked it really well.

Here is a tiny thing hardly worth mentioning, but the small black gap (frame) at the top of some of the pictures was a slightly different size than others. Very careful zoom by hand might fix it.

Sometimes I wish there was a "cover object" option--perhaps with % of coverage. Then you could create a frame and place unevenly dimensioned images in the frame very quickly and accurately. Now we can only carefully zoom each image and hope we get it right....or does someone have that figured out?

jk

Here is a tiny thing hardly worth mentioning, but the small black gap (frame) at the top of some of the pictures was a slightly different size than others. Very careful zoom by hand might fix it.

Sometimes I wish there was a "cover object" option--perhaps with % of coverage. Then you could create a frame and place unevenly dimensioned images in the frame very quickly and accurately. Now we can only carefully zoom each image and hope we get it right....or does someone have that figured out?

jk

Good morning JudyKay. Thank you for your comments. You're so poetic. I have since fixed the misalignment that you noticed. Good eye. I come from a gene pool that can "line things up", but by the time I finished adding the frames, my eyes were crossing. You asked if there was a better way. I had to sleep on an idea that I got from Lin Evan's tutorial on map making. What he did was to make a transparent cutout. So I made a transparent cutout of a picture frame and then brought it into PTE as a PNG file. Now, just like in real life when framing a picture, the image is place under the frame. This way, there is no alignment problems, plus the image can have PZR activities if so desired. I just love learning new ways to solve old problems!

Have a nice day.

Dave