WnSoft Forums

no music

aha

Hello, can anyone help me to solve this problem. I made few corrections on my PC sw ( program work perfect before) and from the last use of p2exe now I can't play mp3 files during the (preview) presentation. The program answer with message: The lenght of musical file(s) is 0.

Aha, welcome.

Hard to say - without more info. What type of changes did you make? Does your PC play still play mp3 files that are not being used by PTE? Will any mp3 file play if you insert it in your PTE show? Try a new very simple show with just a slide or two and a short mp3. Will such a fresh start work? It also is very easy to re-install PTE and see if it will pick up the configuration it needs including whatever changes you may have inadvertently made.

If the above doesn't happen to hit the mark, you will probably get more suggestions and you will likely at some near point say "aha" and realize what was thwarting your efforts.

Good luck.

I reinstalled some video codecs (Nemo). My PC play mp3 music files with winamp program normaly. When I create a new slide show and add an wav file, then is ok. Strange is, that even project exe file, which has worked normaly, now stops after first picture, and there is, like I said, no music.

Aha,

Welcome to the forum.

I had a similar occurrence when I used my music editor to change an mp3 file while I was working in PTE, and then when I went back to PTE without closing the music editor, I received a similar message. PTE was trying to tell me that the music selection was still being used.

Try closing all the music programs, including any which are sitting there open in the background, and then open PTE again and see if that helps. If not, then try removing the codecs to ensure that they are the problem.

Greetings aha! Continuing on the change impact question, it sounds like affected shows were made with MP3, not WAV:

First, when you double-click on an MP3 file in Windows Explorer what application opens it? And the same question for WAV files too. Does that application in each case play successfully? If not, this may be related to P2E's music difficulty.

Then, are any music players on your system malfunctioning when you try to play MP3 and separately WAV files by just opening them from the application? In particular, please try the newest Windows Media Player version installed. This too may be related to P2E's music difficulty.

And on the "try closing all the music programs" thread: You have restarted your system since making changes, I hope. If not, please be sure testing is on a fresh start.

Hi Aha,

One thing which may cause a problem is if you import a wav, or mp3 to your music editor. They don't like to be re exported, so you should use the save as option. This has caused me to loose hair as I have used an editor to adjust timings and then because I exported to the orignal file i was left with silance!

Alan :rolleyes:

Alan, I too have been hit by that problem - that's good advice! But I don't think aha edited the music file. Quoting aha:

Strange is, that even project exe file, which has worked normaly, now stops after first picture, and there is, like I said, no music.
This symptom implies that a registry key has been corrupted by the video codec install. Quoting aha on further info:
I reinstalled some video codecs (Nemo). My PC play mp3 music files with winamp program normaly. When I create a new slide show and add an wav file, then is ok. Strange is, that even project exe file, which has worked normaly, now stops after first picture, and there is, like I said, no music.
Perhaps this problem should be fixed by going back to the system state before installing "video codecs (Nemo)". If this is a WinXP system aha can repair the problem by going back to before the video codecs install and then contacting the manufacturer about the problems.

aha,

Just something to think about ;

If you seem not to be able to play your PTE/ MP3 files without your Nimo 5.0 codec ... how do distribute your show to friends/clients ? As they should have the same non playing issue as you ... you best hang on to that codec for future needs :rolleyes: