WnSoft Forums

Warning to PTE Forum Members

Lin Evans

For the second time today I've received essentially the same private message from two different posters whose posting history reveals zero posts. This is some sort of Phishing to get the recipient to respond with an email to a private email address:

I am Intrested in you,

my dear My name is Miss Mercy John, i saw your profile on this site today and became intrested in geting to know you,i will also like to know more about you ,and i want you to send me an email to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom i am.Here is my email address .....deleted......... is a member of the Members group and has 0 posts.

Sent on: Today, 06:17 PM

Lin,

I to have recieved the same personal message, I think a moderator should e-mail all members with a warning not to respond.

Oh dear! and here I was thinking she(?) likes my handsome avatar!! :rolleyes:

It does look like a phishing trip. Is there no end to what these types will dream up??

It shouldn't need repeating, but: do not reply to this message, or others of this type.

Colin

All 3 of mine were from "Miss Anta Ngoya."

Hopefully Igor can delete/block the account soon and this person will realize they were phishing in the wrong pond.

Me too. Have blocked the member and will see what happens. :huh:

Me too. Have blocked the member and will see what happens. :huh:

Also received 4 messages in my mailbox and as: Wnsoft forums.

The delete without opening.

The danger exists when you open the mail.

Also when trying to send this message also appeared to me 4 mail from mercy

Oh dear! and here I was thinking she(?) likes my handsome avatar!! :rolleyes:

It does look like a phishing trip. Is there no end to what these types will dream up??

It shouldn't need repeating, but: do not reply to this message, or others of this type.

Colin

I think she might have lesbian tendancies Colin (nothing wrong with that if you are that way inclined) as I received the same message. I notified one of the moderators about it.

There was a program about the Nigerian Mafia using such tactics to extract money from people on BBC1 television a couple of weeks ago - so do please heed Colin's warning about not responding.