WnSoft Forums

YouTube

fitzner

Hi Harry,

To get to another image you must click on the tiny right arrow in the far upper right corner of the Objects and Animations screen. You can have multiple zooms, pans, rotates on each image in your slide list. Everyting you do on one page of the Objects and Animations screen relates to only that main slide and any "objects" you may have added to the Objects List.

So after you make the first picture do what you want, click on the arrow here:

arrowhere.jpg

Clicking on this arrow will take you to the next slide with its own timeline, etc. Click on the left arrow to go backward toward earlier slides, etc.

Best regards,

Lin

Well Lin, it seems that If I wanted to start with a pan instead of a zoom I still get a zoom and even then if I want a slow movement all I know to do is to set it for 15-20 sec and then play it and it is the same so I click slow on pan and the same so I am confused and tired. I am really the kind of person that works wll on one on one but that would be impossible. I know it has to be simple. But you know you never touched on the controls on the right with pan and zoom. So, do they play any part in the operation that could be why I want a pan when I get a zoom?

Harry

Hi Harry,

Whether you get a pan, a zoom or a rotate "ALL" depend on one simple thing:

What you do with the Green Bounding Rectangle when the Keypoint is selected (highlighted).

You create a keypoint which you have done. Next you select an appropriate image view by setting the view to about 25% so you can see the entire image and the green bounding rectangle with the little squares.

Next you can zoom in or zoom out by dragging the rectangle and making the picture larger or smaller. Or, you can pan left or right by dragging the picture after clicking and holding down the left mouse button inside the green bounding rectangle. Or you can rotate the image by either changing the degrees of rotation in the rotation block on the right side of the screen under the

Animation Tab where it says "Rotation" or by using the little curved line with arrows on each end which you will see when the mouse cursor appoaches the right or left side of the center of the green bounding rectangle.

You can do any or "ALL" of the above by simply enlarging, decreasing, dragging, etc., the image via the green bounding rectangle (zoom in or out) or click inside hold the mouse and drag right, left, up, down, etc.

Setting a greater time for the display is "exactly" how you get a slower zoom or pan. The picture zooms or pans or rotates. How "quickly" it happens depends on the amount of time between the starting keypoint and the keypoint you create.

Best regards,

Lin

Well Lin, it seems that If I wanted to start with a pan instead of a zoom I still get a zoom and even then if I want a slow movement all I know to do is to set it for 15-20 sec and then play it and it is the same so I click slow on pan and the same so I am confused and tired. I am really the kind of person that works wll on one on one but that would be impossible. I know it has to be simple. But you know you never touched on the controls on the right with pan and zoom. So, do they play any part in the operation that could be why I want a pan when I get a zoom?

Harry

Hi Harry,

Whether you get a pan, a zoom or a rotate "ALL" depend on one simple thing:

What you do with the Green Bounding Rectangle when the Keypoint is selected (highlighted).

You create a keypoint which you have done. Next you select an appropriate image view by setting the view to about 25% so you can see the entire image and the green bounding rectangle with the little squares.

Next you can zoom in or zoom out by dragging the rectangle and making the picture larger or smaller. Or, you can pan left or right by dragging the picture after clicking and holding down the left mouse button inside the green bounding rectangle. Or you can rotate the image by either changing the degrees of rotation in the rotation block on the right side of the screen under the

Animation Tab where it says "Rotation" or by using the little curved line with arrows on each end which you will see when the mouse cursor appoaches the right or left side of the center of the green bounding rectangle.

You can do any or "ALL" of the above by simply enlarging, decreasing, dragging, etc., the image via the green bounding rectangle (zoom in or out) or click inside hold the mouse and drag right, left, up, down, etc.

Setting a greater time for the display is "exactly" how you get a slower zoom or pan. The picture zooms or pans or rotates. How "quickly" it happens depends on the amount of time between the starting keypoint and the keypoint you create.

Best regards,

Lin

Ok, I had some success with putting one picture and now I am going to add another and blend it in and the second one I want to pan from right to left so any suggestions on this. I'll wait for your reply on this. Wish there is a way I can put a short clip on my next reply but I can only do attach. unless that is a way to do it.

Hi Harry,

Let me see if I understand this correctly. You have finished with picture one and you want to go to the next picture and make it start on the right hand side and pan across to the left as you see it on your monitor?

If so, open PTE and you can begin with the second picture in Objects and Animations by simply clicking on the seconds slide from the Slide List from the opening page before going to the Objects and Animations page.

After you have highlighted the second slide, click on the Objects and Animations tab at the bottom and Objects and Animations will come up with the second slide already loaded.

Next just set the View to 25 percent or whatever looks good so you can see the entire screen and entire picture. The first keypoint is automatically inserted and will already be selected (blue) when you open the Objects and Animations screen.

Just click inside the green bounding rectangle, hold down the left mouse button and drag the image left so that you have the right hand side displayed in the way you want it to look when the slide first appears.

Next set the time for this slide with the Customize Slide - Main Tab. Next click on the timeline and create a new Keypoint just like you did for slide one. Drag this keypoint to the right near the right end of the timeline. With this new keypoint selected (blue) put your mouse cursor inside the green bounding rectangle, hold down the left mouse button and drag the picture to the right as far as you want it to pan.

Now run the preview and it should work exactly like you want.

Best regards,

Lin

Ok, I had some success with putting one picture and now I am going to add another and blend it in and the second one I want to pan from right to left so any suggestions on this. I'll wait for your reply on this. Wish there is a way I can put a short clip on my next reply but I can only do attach. unless that is a way to do it.

Hi Harry,

Let me see if I understand this correctly. You have finished with picture one and you want to go to the next picture and make it start on the right hand side and pan across to the left as you see it on your monitor?

If so, open PTE and you can begin with the second picture in Objects and Animations by simply clicking on the seconds slide from the Slide List from the opening page before going to the Objects and Animations page.

After you have highlighted the second slide, click on the Objects and Animations tab at the bottom and Objects and Animations will come up with the second slide already loaded.

Next just set the View to 25 percent or whatever looks good so you can see the entire screen and entire picture. The first keypoint is automatically inserted and will already be selected (blue) when you open the Objects and Animations screen.

Just click inside the green bounding rectangle, hold down the left mouse button and drag the image left so that you have the right hand side displayed in the way you want it to look when the slide first appears.

Next set the time for this slide with the Customize Slide - Main Tab. Next click on the timeline and create a new Keypoint just like you did for slide one. Drag this keypoint to the right near the right end of the timeline. With this new keypoint selected (blue) put your mouse cursor inside the green bounding rectangle, hold down the left mouse button and drag the picture to the right as far as you want it to pan.

Now run the preview and it should work exactly like you want.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi, Lin,

Looks like I did it and my confidence is UP UP. Not to say that I wont make a mistake but I printed out notes to use until I get it. Is there anyway when I finish I could send this on the forum? I would probably have to to save as the last slide and then "Create the EXE" and I could send it on the next reply.

Harry

Hi Harry,

Congratulations!

In order for people to see the executable it must be zipped then placed on a host server. I think Ken can help you with how to provide a link if you place it on Mediafire. Maybe he can help here....

Best regards,

Lin

Hi, Lin,

Looks like I did it and my confidence is UP UP. Not to say that I wont make a mistake but I printed out notes to use until I get it. Is there anyway when I finish I could send this on the forum? I would probably have to to save as the last slide and then "Create the EXE" and I could send it on the next reply.

Harry

Hi Harry,

Congratulations!

In order for people to see the executable it must be zipped then placed on a host server. I think Ken can help you with how to provide a link if you place it on Mediafire. Maybe he can help here....

Best regards,

Lin

OK, fine, probably a bit later I want to add more pics.

Harry

HARRY

CHECK YOUR YAHOO MAIL ACCT

KEN

Ken, I have a short demo 320x240 slide show and I already ziped it and I have "MediaFire" saved but need to know when I use this "MediaFire" program how to direct it to the forum page for you and Lin to watch!!

Harry

we need the link that mediafire produced when you put it up

ken

Well, it's really not much but it's a start. I discovered it also works in a regular window (large) but I make it 320x240 for YouTube.

http://www.mediafire.com/?dr9t2wdxjzz

Hi Harry,

Congrats! It looks like you have the technique down well. At the end you might want to try this:

If you don't already have a keypoint near the end of the last slide, put one about four seconds from the end of the slide then another at the very end. Set the Opacity on the Objects and Animations for the next to last to 100% and the opacity for the very last keypoint to Zero and the image will gradually fade to black over the last four seconds. It makes for a nice close and not too abrupt an end.

best regards,

Lin

Well, it's really not much but it's a start. I discovered it also works in a regular window (large) but I make it 320x240 for YouTube.

http://www.mediafire.com/?dr9t2wdxjzz

Hi Harry,

Congrats! It looks like you have the technique down well. At the end you might want to try this:

If you don't already have a keypoint near the end of the last slide, put one about four seconds from the end of the slide then another at the very end. Set the Opacity on the Objects and Animations for the next to last to 100% and the opacity for the very last keypoint to Zero and the image will gradually fade to black over the last four seconds. It makes for a nice close and not too abrupt an end.

best regards,

Lin

Ok, and thanks I will print out the comment and study this. The regular music was way to long to use so I used audacity and did a fade but some how when I put the redesigned music fade in it did not work. Well have to go and look at it.

Harry :huh:

Hi Harry,

Sometimes, depending on the individual music selection, a single "fade" with Audacity isn't enough. What you do is select the last four seconds or so of the song with the Audacity selection tool (right above the little magnifying glass) and then repeat the fade about three times and each time you do it it applies a greater amount of fade. After about the third application of fade it will be much more apparent.

Also, be sure that you actually crop off all the song after the length of your slideshow. So if your slideshow is say 3 minutes 20 seconds long, go to the 3 minute 20 seconds position of the waveform in Audacity, use the same select tool and click and drag it to the end of the song to the right. Then hit the "Delete" key on your keyboard and this will delete the rest of the song.

Apply the fade as instructed above to the last four seconds or so and export the MP3 under a new name and this should solve the problem.

Best regards

Lin

Ok, and thanks I will print out the comment and study this. The regular music was way to long to use so I used audacity and did a fade but some how when I put the redesigned music fade in it did not work. Well have to go and look at it.

Harry :huh:

GOOD JOB HARRY

now take the time to set up an acct at mediafire and make a shortcut to your desktop

make use of the folder options and sort things into them

the stuff that i sent you last year on mediafire is still there and you can add the files to your files if you wish for reference

use mediafire as a away from home hard drive:)

once you get used to using it you will feel more comfortable with it

but dont forget

" JESUS SAVES"

and save you work and files to cd off your computer and store in a safe place

carry on now :)

ken

GOOD JOB HARRY

now take the time to set up an acct at mediafire and make a shortcut to your desktop

make use of the folder options and sort things into them

the stuff that i sent you last year on mediafire is still there and you can add the files to your files if you wish for reference

use mediafire as a away from home hard drive:)

once you get used to using it you will feel more comfortable with it

but dont forget

" JESUS SAVES"

and save you work and files to cd off your computer and store in a safe place

carry on now :)

ken

Ken I made an avi of the production for YouTube but the presentation had only 8 slides and the total MB was 71 MB and higher last night when I used another video codec. I realize that when one converts to .avi it increase the size of the presentation but that much? Do you think the reason for it being so huge is the fact that the pictures where big pixeled (large for the the use for panning and zooming as recommended) Also, several days ago I downloaded another video codec that did not show up when I created the .avi today. Are these video codecs we download are a one time use and one has to re download to use again. I don't remember the name of the video codec but I remembered it started with a "W or Z"

I also figured that since I downsized the screen to 320X240 would make it a smaller production size.

Also, and this might be important that when I checked the size of the SAVED .EXE version it was only 7 MB well a bit more. <_<

Harry :(

the codecs are installed on your system and stay there

you are going to have to document things when you are experimenting

"i think" not good

ken

I understand they stay in my computer but what about on the PTE when you make an .avi and go to the video codec section should it also be there? It was once. I should have saved the site that I used to download the video codec. But what about my question from above only 8 pictures 320x240 for YouTube = 87 mb's ???

Harry

"what about my question from above only 8 pictures 320x240 for YouTube = 87 mb's ???"

have not a clue

your codecs will be in the windows/programs folders and it will still be there

check your browser history for where you have been

and i told you yesterday to save stuff

see

http://www.updatexp.com/sherlock-codec-detective.html

get the - SHERLOCK - The Codec Detective!

and

get gspot

http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

and get

avi codec

http://avicodec.duby.info/

and then you can see where all codecs are located

ken

"what about my question from above only 8 pictures 320x240 for YouTube = 87 mb's ???"

have not a clue

your codecs will be in the windows/programs folders and it will still be there

check your browser history for where you have been

and i told you yesterday to save stuff

see

http://www.updatexp.com/sherlock-codec-detective.html

get the - SHERLOCK - The Codec Detective!

and

get gspot

http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

and get

avi codec

http://avicodec.duby.info/

and then you can see where all codecs are located

ken

Hey thanks SO!! much, Ken, for the codec web sites I have saved all these sites and put in a folder.

I solved my problem with the .avi presentation from PTE after conversion being 70+ MB!! I have a program that I rip from YouTube and convert to .wmv, flash, .avi etc. I converted the presentation to .wmv and it works just fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJF8tvwKGck

Harry