WnSoft Forums

YouTube

fitzner

Yes, Ken is correct, I do have a few shows uploaded to You Tube but I have stopped doing it now because I felt that thepoor quality of You Tube did nothing at all for my slide shows. Best to stick with the superb image quality the Pictures To Exe produces in a full .exe file.

Ron

http://www.youtube.com/user/3rdImage

Ian Bateman has a few sequences up there.

But as Ron said best to see the superb quaslity of the originals !

The Gathering is a classic - do try to see it properly at a Festival near you if you can.

It won the UK 321 International and should be in the Geoffrey Round comp at Bradford too.

Best Wishes

Maureen

YOU will have to search the forum harry

ronniewest had a couple shows up at one time as well as an old buck by the name - fitzner :)

ken

Ken, is there an easy read type tutorial for 5.10 I want to do PTE for YouTube and I guess I can use PTE to convert to .avi and I know I need to produce the presentation in 320x240 but I need a tutorial for making the pushes and pull effects. I did download the Jeffnew.pdf and I can start with it but it is probably not the latest but it would have toe basics.

Harry

THE MANUAL YOU DOWNLOADED is the best there is and Jeff and Lin will not be modifying it till the next version comes out and Igor has not said or gave us any good hints recently when he plans to release it

ken

Ken, I might have brought your attention to this but I get on the latest version all over the wording runs into each other and I need your advise as to how to work this problem out and funny but the older version 4.49 is fine. What I want to do is for a time is to just produce 320x240 presentations for youTube but I need to learn how to use the avi in the program. I tried and I only produced just the audio and was missing the video portion.

Harry

post-1883-1205017671_thumb.jpg

you have to change you system, text size for starters

see

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....ost&p=44112

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....ost&p=44094

you make an avi with ver 5 the same way you did with 4.48

the difference is when you want to use video builder then you have to have ver 5 installed

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....ic=4318&hl=

ken

Ken, I might have brought your attention to this but I get on the latest version all over the wording runs into each other and I need your advise as to how to work this problem out and funny but the older version 4.49 is fine. What I want to do is for a time is to just produce 320x240 presentations for you tube but I need to learn how to use the avi in the program. I tried and I only produced just the audio and was missing the video portion.

Harry

Hey, and thanks, I did do a successful .avi after downloading the .xvid starts off not good but then real good! Tried downloading that mpeg-4 codec but it said it was for operating sys 95, 98 and 2000. I forget where but someone else had a site to download the mpeg-4 but it was a codec pack and the size was 49+ mb and you were I think to just select only the mpeg-4 codec. Surely google must have a site for just a single codec or many and you just decide.

I not sure I like that download I did the pdf book 120 pages etc. For me it is just to wordy and at times boring. I need to try to get just simple pushes and pulls and zoom out and in you know something that talks you through a set up with there picture or mine and say now do this and that

etc.

Harry

Hi Harry,

First a couple of observations. To get help you really need to use the proper terms so that people understand exactly what it is you are trying to do. There is no "push" or "pull" in PTE. The commonly called "Ken Burns Effects" are properly identified as Pan, Zoom and Rotate which are abbreviated as PZR. You can pan left or right or up or down. You can zoom in or zoom out and you can rotate left (counterclockwise) or right (clockwise).

If you look carefully at the opening screen of the forum you will find five different "sections". The third section is called "Tutorials and Articles" and this is where you find the answers you seek.

The 130 page PDF User Guide covers everything available at the time of writing which was the release of PTE 5.0. Yes, it is "wordy" but that's necessary because PTE is a complex program with "many" different features. Different folks want to do different things with the program and this makes it necessary to be as thorough as possible when preparing a User Guide. When reading about things you have no interest in it may also, as you describe, be "boring" but remember what is boring to you may be vital to the understanding of someone else who has a different project or different purpose for using PTE.

To facilitate learning the different features I posted a series of AVI tutorials called "PTE Made Easy" subtitled PTE for Smarties. The very first AVI tutorial of the series is called "PZR for Smarties" and shows you exactly how to Pan, Zoom and Rotate images in PTE.

I'm assuming that by Push and Pull you are trying to zoom in and zoom out. If you will download and watch the tutorial you should be able to easily learn to do this. Here's a link to make it easy for you to find the tutorial:

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7901

Scroll down and download the 64 meg "PZR for Smarties" tutorial and watch it and it should answer your questions.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Harry,

First a couple of observations. To get help you really need to use the proper terms so that people understand exactly what it is you are trying to do. There is no "push" or "pull" in PTE. The commonly called "Ken Burns Effects" are properly identified as Pan, Zoom and Rotate which are abbreviated as PZR. You can pan left or right or up or down. You can zoom in or zoom out and you can rotate left (counterclockwise) or right (clockwise).

If you look carefully at the opening screen of the forum you will find five different "sections". The third section is called "Tutorials and Articles" and this is where you find the answers you seek.

The 130 page PDF User Guide covers everything available at the time of writing which was the release of PTE 5.0. Yes, it is "wordy" but that's necessary because PTE is a complex program with "many" different features. Different folks want to do different things with the program and this makes it necessary to be as thorough as possible when preparing a User Guide. When reading about things you have no interest in it may also, as you describe, be "boring" but remember what is boring to you may be vital to the understanding of someone else who has a different project or different purpose for using PTE.

To facilitate learning the different features I posted a series of AVI tutorials called "PTE Made Easy" subtitled PTE for Smarties. The very first AVI tutorial of the series is called "PZR for Smarties" and shows you exactly how to Pan, Zoom and Rotate images in PTE.

I'm assuming that by Push and Pull you are trying to zoom in and zoom out. If you will download and watch the tutorial you should be able to easily learn to do this. Here's a link to make it easy for you to find the tutorial:

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7901

Scroll down and download the 64 meg "PZR for Smarties" tutorial and watch it and it should answer your questions.

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks, this I will take the Library, they have a super fast Broadband and do you think one DVD will hold the complete set? All I really want is the basic steps to the PZR's

Harry

Hi Harry,

A "CD" will hold the complete set. If you only need the basic steps to the PZR then you only need the first tutorial.

best regards,

Lin

Thanks, this I will take the Library, they have a super fast Broadband and do you think one DVD will hold the complete set? All I really want is the basic steps to the PZR's

Harry

Hi Harry,

A "CD" will hold the complete set. If you only need the basic steps to the PZR then you only need the first tutorial.

best regards,

Lin

Well, I tried the video learning technique and really it was very hypnotic and just not good for me. I think I really prefer the worded kind. I did get it to work but sometimes I just can't seem to repeat what I did good. I just need to read it and read it over and over to make some since. So far, I really don't know what that blue triangle stuff is all about at the bottom and really I did some pretty amazing stuff not using what is at the bottom with the blue triangle. But eventually I will get it.

Harry

Hi Harry,

I'm not sure what you mean by "blue triangle stuff". It's really quite simple. Animations happen over time. The blue bar at the bottom of the Objects and Animations page represents time and is called the "timeline". The keypoints are points in time where you decide you want changes. These changes can be zooms in or zooms out, rotations or pans.

You place the mouse cursor at the vertical center of the blue bar which run horizontally along the bottom. That center will be a black line dividing the top and bottom blue portions of the time-line. You left click the mouse and that puts a small blue arrow pointing upward at the point where you click. You press the "insert" key on your keyboard and that places a "keypoint" at that point in the time-line. You can place the mouse cursor on that "keypoint" (also called keyframe) and left click the mouse and hold and drag the keypoint along the timeline.

If you highlight this keypoint by clicking the mouse cursor on it and then visually change the size or position of the image by using the small squares on the green bounding rectangle (click - hold and drag) then the image will change from how it appears at the beginning of the slide to how you have left it at the keypoint as the amount of time progresses from the start of the slide to the time represented by the keypoint. That's all there is to it.

The keypoints visually represent a point in real time corresponding the displayed time on the keypoint. Any changes to the image at the keypoint will gradually happen from how the image starts to how you have made it look by zooming, panning or rotating it at the keypoint.

You can create keypoints, delete keypoints and if you want to see what will happen simply left click the mouse cursor over the small blue arrow, hold down the left mouse key and drag it back and forth from the beginning of the slide to the keypoint.

I find it difficult to understand that after watching the AVI tutorial you still have problems understanding how to insert a keypoint and create an animation. Did you download it and play it???

Best regards,

Lin

Well, I tried the video learning technique and really it was very hypnotic and just not good for me. I think I really prefer the worded kind. I did get it to work but sometimes I just can't seem to repeat what I did good. I just need to read it and read it over and over to make some since. So far, I really don't know what that blue triangle stuff is all about at the bottom and really I did some pretty amazing stuff not using what is at the bottom with the blue triangle. But eventually I will get it.

Harry

Hi Harry,

Here's a PDF which may help:

http://www.lin-evans.net/p2e/harry.pdf

Best regards,

Lin

Your small pdf is beginning to work well just a little. I still can not connect two pictures and run them one after the other and I really wanted to first to zoom in and that worked and the second was supposed to be a pan and when I previewed it only showed the first one only. I will have to rest for now and then read your pdf again. I did set two blue triangles and thinking the first one represented the first pic and he second was the pic #2 but only #1 previewed.

Harry

Hi Harry,

To get to another image you must click on the tiny right arrow in the far upper right corner of the Objects and Animations screen. You can have multiple zooms, pans, rotates on each image in your slide list. Everyting you do on one page of the Objects and Animations screen relates to only that main slide and any "objects" you may have added to the Objects List.

So after you make the first picture do what you want, click on the arrow here:

arrowhere.jpg

Clicking on this arrow will take you to the next slide with its own timeline, etc. Click on the left arrow to go backward toward earlier slides, etc.

Best regards,

Lin

Your small pdf is beginning to work well just a little. I still can not connect two pictures and run them one after the other and I really wanted to first to zoom in and that worked and the second was supposed to be a pan and when I previewed it only showed the first one only. I will have to rest for now and then read your pdf again. I did set two blue triangles and thinking the first one represented the first pic and he second was the pic #2 but only #1 previewed.

Harry