WnSoft Forums

Tutorials

I sent some of my AV shows to the Editor of Digital Photo magazine in the UK and he is interested in featuring PTE in a future magazine with an AV example on the cover CD along with a movie tutorial of the techniques involved.

I think this subject could run over a few issues if he is up for that.

I will be working on something to present as soon as I can, but of course royalty free music is now a vital ingrediant.

I know one or two forum members have suggested sources, but some I have listened to don't exactly inspire me that much. Either that or they are very expensive. Any more ideas will be gratefully recieved as I am trying to avoid hours of trolling around the WWW.

The Editor was also talking about including a trial version of PTE on the CD and I guess at some stage he would need to contact the guys at PTE, but if this comes off and I have no reason to think it won't, it might do PTE a bit of good.

Can't do any harm to have the software on a national UK magazine cover CD

Watch this space.

www.bbdigital.co.uk :rolleyes:

Barry, I can name some nice music for shows. These are excellent, hand-picked selections. The best music is so much an individual preference, so this may well result in other specific suggestions. These have worked well for me. Here you go:

Beautiful spanish guitar:

---> La Esperanza by Esperanza

---> Esperanza 2 has less good tracks, don't bother

Excellent, uplifting and unusual "New Age":

---> Colour Healing by Llewellyn

Laid back and tropical, very nice, very pleasant:

---> Jungle Rythms by Mystical Moods

Well done steel drums:

---> Caribbean Steeldrums by Steelasophical

By the way, nice work on Digital Photo magazine!

Hi Barry

Have you thought about contacting "New World " directly?

Their web site doesn't seem to be working today at

http://www.newworldmusic.co.uk

The address on my music cassette is :

Paradise Farm, Westhall. Halesworth, Suffolk, 1P9 8RH

- not so very far from you! ;)

If you rang them they might get someone to write something especially for you, especially if it's for a magazine CD with some publicity for them - or give you permission to use something.

I contacted them directly some years ago when I was producing my Dolphin Dream sequence and they were very helpful. :D

Of course apart from their permission directly, my IAC licence covered my use of the music too as an amateur.

Bill's music suggestions contained many tracks from New Age Music. Their Cds & cassettes are widely available and as Bill mentioned, often very suitable for some AVs.

Hope you & Caz will return one day.

Love to you both.

Maureen

Great to see so many DAV friends active in the Forum!

www.digital-av.co.uk (still working on it!)

I think is it reasonable to pay something for music for AV shows and I don't really expect to get anything good for free.

What I want to locate is reasonably priced music that I can scroll through to slect something appropriate and then buy the music and the rights to use that music for gain if I want to.

Maureen, I can't seem to get onto that music sight today either.

Thanks for the link and I will keep trying

Barry