WnSoft Forums

Additive light transparency

Hi all,

it will be a great improvment to have a toggle "normal/additive".

A = first image, B = second image

in normal mode transparency will be the same as now. (if A = 50% => then B can be <= 50%, but not > 50%)

in additive mode, program shows two or more images like a dia-projector, when I have a white picture I can see the image below.

if A = 50%, B can be 0-100% e.g. A=50%, B=100%... total light = 150%, we can see a brillant transition like a flash shot.

Then maybe will be necessary to change the fade-out curve of A image, now we have = fade-out A = fade-in B

the only way we have to change this is to use: "objects and animation".

Last small idea... is it possible to insert "Flip image vertical/horizontal"? thanks in advance.

Fabrizio

Hello Fabrizio,

I think that additive blending is not easy to realize, maybe at least not in realtime. Programs like m.objects, which offer this feature, apply pre-processing (they generate so-called textures in advance, not very elegant).

In PTE, as far as I know, many transitions are based on alpha-compositing. Simple fade in/out compares to the situation, where two images are in Photoshop layers with blending mode “normal”, and where you shift the slider for opacity (of the upper image) from one end to the other.

Additive blending can be modelled in PS as follows. Again, put two images in separate layers, reduce their lightness independently, and then use blending mode “screen” (German: umgekehrt multiplizieren). This process can be automated a little bit using an appropriate PS-action.

You can simulate additive blending within PTE by generating the “third” (intermediate) image in PS, and apply simple fade in/out transitions via this externally generated intermediate image.

Best regards

Xaver H.

Munich

You can simulate additive blending within PTE by generating the “third” (intermediate) image in PS

Xaver H.

Danke Xaver,

at the moment, I use your trick to solve the problem or create other effects...

but if it will be possible directly into PTE, one can try the effect more quickly.

Do you know what is the difference between the Xdissolve in timeline view and the same effect in O&A?

In the first case it's very smooth, in the second case not soo smooth, there's a different interpolation?

sorry for my humble english ;)

Fabrizio

PS: last question... it will be difficult to add the audio wave also in O&A for a precise synchronization?

Do you know what is the difference between the Xdissolve in timeline view and the same effect in O&A?

In the first case it's very smooth, in the second case not soo smooth, there's a different interpolation?

Last question... will it be difficult to add the audio wave also in O&A for a precise synchronization?

Hello Fabrizio,

maybe, you just work with version 5.1. Please try the new beta version of 5.5, and see if this one solves your problems.

Best regards

Xaver

Munich