WnSoft Forums

DVD's for Wide Screen TV's

iajack

I am having great difficulty creating a DVD that will show correctly proportioned slides on my widescreen TV. i.e. the slides apear to be either stretched sideways or squashed vertically. I can't tell if it is either case or a combination of both but the the effect is that everything or everyone looks dumpy or fat.

My TV has a DVD aspect ratio of 16:9.

I use a wide screen monitor on my PC with a 16:10 aspect ratio and the slides always area correctly proportioned. Similarly if I create an EXE file the proportions are correct on whatever PC I use to run the slideshow.

All explanatiuons apear to be exceptionally confusing and I don't know wher to start looking for an answer.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Iain

Hi Ian,

I can't say with certainty but I would hazzard a guess that you may be using the wrong cable to connect. The best way is to discuss it with your television salesman. Take a CD made with 16:9 to the store where you boutht your widescreen (or to any store which has the same TV receiver) and let them show you the proper hookup.

I had an engineer friend who bought a 50" Panasonic 1080P who had the same problem. I told him it was a cable issue but it took him about two weeks to reach the same conclusions - LOL. One correct cable and proper settings on the TV and all was well.

Best regards,

Lin

I am having great difficulty creating a DVD that will show correctly proportioned slides on my widescreen TV. i.e. the slides apear to be either stretched sideways or squashed vertically. I can't tell if it is either case or a combination of both but the the effect is that everything or everyone looks dumpy or fat.

My TV has a DVD aspect ratio of 16:9.

I use a wide screen monitor on my PC with a 16:10 aspect ratio and the slides always area correctly proportioned. Similarly if I create an EXE file the proportions are correct on whatever PC I use to run the slideshow.

All explanatiuons apear to be exceptionally confusing and I don't know wher to start looking for an answer.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Iain

Hello:

Have you cropped your images to the correct size in 16x9?

If you don't shoot your images in 16x9 format you will have

to crop your images not just resize them or they will appear

in the wrong aspect ratio on your tv.

I use the standard 1920x1080. Your DVD must be

set to 16x9 format as most will still default to 4:3.

Hope this helps you.

Ralph Smith