WnSoft Forums

How to make multiple DVD's ?

JEB

Hi,

I hope somebody can give me some guidance.

I do not normally burn my shows to DVD as I generally prefer to have them viewed on a PC or through a projector.

However, on this occasion I do have a need to burn one copy of a relatively short show (10 min.) but many (5+) of a much longer (26 min.) show.

While successfully burning the one DVD of the shorter show I thought it would make sense to experiment by trying to save the ISO and or AVI file (whatever they are) with a view to making a further copy later, which is what I want to be able to do with the longer show.

I selected the "BURN DVD VIDEO DISC" option rather than the "Create AVI File" option as this resulted in me being asked to select another special programme and I would much rather use PTE VB.

I selected all the options - Create MPEG2 Folder, DVD Folder, ISO image, Burn DVD etc. and successfully burnt the first copy.

Now that I want to make the additional copy to see how much less time this takes I am stuck!!

Where do I go from here??

Regards

John

Ken,

If you are implying that PTE VideoBuilder is only able to make one copy then that is very disappointing and very difficult to believe. Surely after having done all that hard work it must be possible to burn additional copies.

If I am understanding this correctly the ONLY option presumably, is to select the "create AVI File" option and take it from there as you suggest.

But tell me what is this ISO file I hear mention of?

I understood it to be the similar to an AVI file i.e. used as the "half way house" for the creation of multiple DVD's - but I am beginning to have my doubts.

Is there an up to date idiots guide to all of this stuff as I find all the terminology VERY confusing?

Some of what I have been looking at I have assumed has been superseded with the introduction of VideoBuilder but then perhaps I have been expecting too much from VB.

Regards

John

for starters see

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_9660

you still require additional software to manipulate an ISO

VB makes one dvd per session

it will make a mpeg which can be played in many dvd/tv setups as well as play on the computor - a mpeg by itself may be +- 1 gb but when made into dvd format it becaomes +- 3.5 gb

ken

Thanks Folks,

I found I have Nero on my machine so after I established from another post that the AVI file created on VB is only temporary I was eventually able to create an additional copy in a fraction of the time taken for the first copy. It is just occurring to me as I write this. Is it necessary therefore to use the VB "BURN DVD VIDEO DISC" option in the first place? Could one not just go directly to the create an AVI file option and then to Nero as on the face of it it would appear to be much faster. I'll try.

Yours with thanks and in anticipation!

John