WnSoft Forums

slideshow hangs up with music added

I am having big problems with a slideshow I've been working on for weeks. There are 413 slides (wedding), and I'm trying to sync it to music. I've added up to seven songs, and it will run fine through the first song, and then the slide hangs up, and the show can't proceed. I've tried cutting the show in half, with four songs, still won't run. The slideshow works fine without music. I'm using mp3 files, and jpegs that are sized to 400x600. I've done other jobs even with up to 350 images set to music, but for some reason, I can't get it to work now. These are music files I copied from a cd to my hardrive via the windows media player. I read the post from someone else about editing the music into one file. Does it sound like that's my problem? if so--does anyone know the website for audacity, or another sound editing program? Many thanks--Connie

Connie,

Try this link for Audacity. This may solve the problem. Someone else had problems with multiple music files.

We would need a little more information about your system to be able to prescribe further measures. Also, a little more about the show (such as whether it is auto or custom synched, how tight (close together) the transitions are, etc.).

Igor may have the solution for you when he releases version 4.10 monday with the new internal mp3 player.

Good luck. B)

Thanks to all of you for your replies. Yes, I tried running the show unsynced--still wouldn't run. It will run fine with no music files added. I've burned it to cd, and tried running it on three different machines--no luck. On my laptop (where I created show) I have 30 gig HD, 256 ram Pentium 3. When I synched the music, I did it in the auto mode. I've never gotten into the timeline, or customizing synching of music. Could something be wrong with the music files? I use only the "fade" transisition. It looks like the slide takes about 2-3 seconds to transition. It plays fine until it gets to the second song--then hangs up on the slide. There is a delay between the songs--always has been when I've used multiple songs on a show. I just thought there was no way around that.