WnSoft Forums

New AVI tutorial on Button Feature

Lin Evans

A recent post alerted me to a feature which I don't recall covering in the User Guide but which has been added to PTE 5.1, etc. After an email to Igor I now understand how it works and thought an explanation may help others who might have questions.

In the older 4.x versions of PTE when a button was created one could, if they wished, choose a color for the button text, a different color for the "hover" condition when the mouse cursor was over the button and yet a third color for the button text which appeared when the button was "pressed" by mouse click.

That same feature exists now in PTE 5.1 and later. Perhaps this is not news to most but it was something I hadn't noticed. To make it work, one must first choose an "action" for the button then return to the Properties Tab in Objects and Animations. When one returns to the Properties tab, instead of seeing a single color bar next to (to the right of) the Bold, Italics Underscore feature there will be three choices.

The first choice is for normal button text color, the second for the hover condition and the third to indicate that the button has been pressed.

I made a brief AVI tutorial and posted it in the Tutorials and Articles section in the PTE Made Easy section at the top for anyone interested.

It's a little thing, but worth mentioning I think....

Here's the Link: Thanks Ken!

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....amp;#entry49109

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

Greate tutorial and the quality is excellent through Windows Memdia Player. I had this topic on my list of additions for the next version of the guide (see separate email to you).

When I open the avi file, I get this message (see attached jpg). Closing the message window then results in the avi running so no problem. Just a bit puzzled about the message.

Regards

Jeff

post-1996-1208805970_thumb.jpg

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. That's a new one on me - LOL. I suspect what it means is that the AVI doesn't "stream" but must be fully downloaded before it will begin to play. Perhaps there is some newer technology which allows streaming for AVI which I'm not aware of - quite possibly a Windows thing.

Actually, I'm beginning to suspect that I should zip these AVI's rather than just post them. That way people could download them rather than have to click the link each time they want to see them. I think I'll do that and post as a "download zipped link" because others are likely to also experience this.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the links. I actually downloaded the batch files and attempted to run them with this AVI but they won't work on it, perhaps because it's a later DIV-X version than the ones the batch files were designed for in 2004 or so when those threads were new.

I'm not going to worry too much about it but have added a zipped version so if anyone can't run the AVI via the link they can download the zipped version and run it from their own computer.

Strange thing is that when I click on the link with Foxfire it opens the image to my screen but seems to hang up there and locks up my computer. When I click the link with Internet Explorer (IE) it works perfectly - go figure!

If too many people have problems with the live link to the AVI I'll delete it and just leave the zipped download link.

Best regards,

Lin