WnSoft Forums

Conflow Data Cards

Conflow

Hi All,

Over the years at Conflow Services we have developed a series of 'DataCards'

on all types of 'Electronic Audio-Visual Systems'.

We use our DataCards for 'handi-reference' purposes and I got the idea that

they may be useful to Forum Members in choosing and understanding equipment

for making Slide-Shows with the PTE Programs.The format is usually 800x600 pix.

reproduced in Gif or Png Files.

Below is a sample of such a Card and if you think they may be useful just let me

know by acknowledgement here in this 'Thread'

Please, do not start another 'Thread' associated with this topic ~ Forum space is

limited and is now at a premium as it is.

Brian.Conflow.

post-1416-1209690545_thumb.jpg

Hi Brian, thanks for a brilliant idea and the possibilty to share. I only have one remark: we don't work(or think in, for that matter) with inches, but we use centimeters. So for us here in the rest of the EC it's a bit awkward to work with...

regards,

Henri. :rolleyes:

Hello Brian, Hello to All,

I have been lucky, and so are the members of my photoclub, to make use of some technical cards that Brian made to solve our problems with different devices (screens and beamer).

It's an excellent initiative. One cannot know everything and I enjoy learning every day.

Thank you for sharing.

Greetings,

Cor

Hello Henri,

1 Inch = 2.54 cm, 1 Feet = 30.48 cm, 1 Feet = 12 Inch

See cm-inch-cm conversions

Greetings,

Cor

Written by Henri..."I only have one remark: we don't work(or think in, for that matter) with inches, but we use centimeters.

So for us here in the rest of the EC it's a bit awkward to work with"...

regards,

Henri.

Henri,

I need to correct your comment ~ everything in our 'DataCards are ISO-Metric .Where 'Inches' are shown

its because Manufacturers of TV.Sets & Monitors still use this 'notional-description' of Screen Size in inches

for the English speaking World. TV & Monitor Screen Sizes are purely notional ,and had you read the Note:-

'Popular Screen Sizes' (in the DataCard) it clearly directs you to Table.3 which provides the correct data

for Screen selection ~ and they are World ISO-Metric Standards.

Brian.

Conflow.

Brian, your correction is quite right; of course I still very much appreciate your efforts...

and Cor, thanks for the link, but I really do know this conversions. It's just annoying to do every time when reading technical articles...

regards,

Henri. :rolleyes:

Hi All,

Henri did make a very good point about 'Units Measures Conversions' ~ although we at Conflow

work in ISO Metric Units ~ those conversions are really a pain in the neck, so for Henri and others

here is a brilliant (small) Units Converter Calculator to make life easier. We use it all the time !

Brian.Conflow

Link to Program Download: (It also runs in Linux and Unix)

http://joshmadison.com/software/convert/

post-1416-1209812922_thumb.jpg