WnSoft Forums

VideoBuilder hangs even with mpeg2

schmice

Hello

I have several slides shows of ~130Mb that I try to generate in mpg2 files. VideoBuilder 5.1 and 5.5b11 hangs always at the same place in a given show (but each show has its specific hanging location : between 60 to 80 % of the process). Tried on 3 computers (Vista and XP), always hangs but at different place for each computer for a given show ! Sounds like a ressource shortage, but I cannot figure out which one : there is plenty of disk space and virtual memory. What is eating up memory in videobuilder ? Large zooms/pans, number of pics/texts per slides, (all my pics are <1Mb) ? Are there limits ? PTE works just fine. Tried the debug feature (Ctrl-Shft-Alt-Q) : but no DVD.XML is created. Drives me crazy :angry: . Thanks for any help and advices.

Claude

PTE works just fine.

Claude

Claude,

What do you mean by this? What happens when you just hit "Preview" from within PTE? What happens if you create a .exe file, exit PTE and then run that .exe file?

Claude,

What do you mean by this? What happens when you just hit "Preview" from within PTE? What happens if you create a .exe file, exit PTE and then run that .exe file?

Hi

The preview in PTE works fine, and creating the .exe (130Mb) on 3 PCs are OK as well. I made several public shows with them. I just cannot get videobuilder to create a simple mpeg2 file of it (nor burn a DVD), it hangs the whole PC before the end

Claude

Hi

The preview in PTE works fine, and creating the .exe (130Mb) on 3 PCs are OK as well. I made several public shows with them. I just cannot get videobuilder to create a simple mpeg2 file of it (nor burn a DVD), it hangs the whole PC before the end

Claude

Then I'm not sure what to say other than it doesn't sound like a resource problem. I don't use VideoBuilder myself. Have you tried creating a .AVI file with the PTE codec and, with PTE still running, letting a different application (e.g., Nero Burner) produce the MPEG-2 file or the actual DVD?

I'm not sure if this has been established:

Will Videobuilder create an ISO file for you?

Not an MPEG - Not an AVI - but an ISO file?

DaveG

Following the suggestions above, I tested and can confirm that creating an ISO file works and an AVI as well ! But I need to create mpg2 files because I want to import several PTE shows on one DVD and be able to create a complex menu with precise chapters points ... and Nero and other products are more powerful than VideoBuilder. The AVI process is too cumbersome because you have to finish your project in one session, one PTE occurence per show must run in background : ... and my computer gets very slow ! Conclusion : there is a limit on direct mpg2 creation which does not exist with AVI and ISO exports. I finally divided my shows in smaller parts and I found that, on my most powerful computer, you must have shows with less than ~18 min to be sure that the computer will not hang ! Amazing ...

HI Claude,

I'm not certain I understand exactly what you want to do, but it's easy to place a number of PTE shows on one DVD with Video Builder. Perhaps you already know this and I'm missing something, but you just drag the PTE shows onto the workspace and you can easily have up to 99 PTE shows (to the limits of the DVD capacity) on one DVD complete with menu, chapters, etc.

Best regards,

Lin

Following the suggestions above, I tested and can confirm that creating an ISO file works and an AVI as well ! But I need to create mpg2 files because I want to import several PTE shows on one DVD and be able to create a complex menu with precise chapters points ... and Nero and other products are more powerful than VideoBuilder. The AVI process is too cumbersome because you have to finish your project in one session, one PTE occurence per show must run in background : ... and my computer gets very slow ! Conclusion : there is a limit on direct mpg2 creation which does not exist with AVI and ISO exports. I finally divided my shows in smaller parts and I found that, on my most powerful computer, you must have shows with less than ~18 min to be sure that the computer will not hang ! Amazing ...

HI Claude,

I'm not certain I understand exactly what you want to do, but it's easy to place a number of PTE shows on one DVD with Video Builder. Perhaps you already know this and I'm missing something, but you just drag the PTE shows onto the workspace and you can easily have up to 99 PTE shows (to the limits of the DVD capacity) on one DVD complete with menu, chapters, etc.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin

I need to put 2 shows of 25 min (each) on a DVD, I'm using several music tracks with sound A and B, so it's difficult to cut them in shorter parts without loosing the music continuity. But I must add ~10 chapters inside each show at precise places, and I think videobuilder cannot do this : you have one chapter to start each show and you can only ask to generate chapters automatically at regular time interval but not at given places, ... or did I miss something ?

Best regards

Claude

You might be close to what can be put on the dvd

25 mins ea = 50 mins -- but when it is encoded you may be exceeding 4.3 gb net space on a standard dvd -r disk

Is there no way you can make 2 separate dvd's with one show on each?

ken

You might be close to what can be put on the dvd

25 mins ea = 50 mins -- but when it is encoded you may be exceeding 4.3 gb net space on a standard dvd -r disk

Is there no way you can make 2 separate dvd's with one show on each?

ken

Hello Ken

I cut each show in 2 parts, and so created 4 mpg2 files, I glued the parts back with Nero to have my 2 mpg2 shows, then developped menus with titles&chapters and created the final DVD ... which is close to be full like you said !

My hypothesis is that there is a ressource (memory) optimization problem in videobuilder (v51 and v551b11) proportional to the size of the show and its complexity, and the memory available, preventing the program to create the 25 min mpg2s

Claude

claude

reply from winsoft

Hi, Ken.

Please take a screenshot of all screen at moment whan Videobuilder

will hangs.

Also send me your VideoBuilder_dvd.xml and VideoBuilder_dvdlog.txt.

You will fing it in "c:\Documents and Settings\PROFILE_NAME\Local

Settings\Temp\" (PROFILE_NAME = Fly for my PC).

>can you have the video builder guy have a look at this thread

>http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=8366&view=findpost&p=53542

>and give an answer

thks

ken

--

Best regards,

Ilya Chagaev, http://www.wnsoft.com

mailto:fly@wnsoft.com