WnSoft Forums

How to move multiple pics on top of one another

sefowler1

I have looked at the various user guides and I just cannot find the answer. I have seen a show in which there was one stationary image and other images moved onto the top of that one large image. I am looking at the Objects and Animations directions but it is not making sense. Is there a tutorial that explains how to create this one type of slide?

Thanks!

Put the main image in the slide list. Add other images to the objects and animations object list. The main image will cover the bottom layer and each "object" image will occupy a separate layer. Layers are automatically assigned as you place your images on the Objects list in Objects and Animations. Which object appears on which layer is initially decided by the order you place them onto the objects list. You can move objects up or down at will using CTRL PgUP CTRL PgDn or via the menu thus making the ones you wish either pass in front or behind other objects.

That's all there is to it. Size the objects in the Objects and Animations list and place them anywhere you wish by drag and drop.

Zip up your project and post it and I will move them and place them for you so you can easily see how its done.

Best regards,

Lin

I have looked at the various user guides and I just cannot find the answer. I have seen a show in which there was one stationary image and other images moved onto the top of that one large image. I am looking at the Objects and Animations directions but it is not making sense. Is there a tutorial that explains how to create this one type of slide?

Thanks!

Look at "Keyframes".

Each "object" needs to have a keyframe at the beginning of the line setting out the start position etc and a keyframe at the end of the line setting out the end position.

There are numerous ways of altering the pan, zoom and rotate settings.

With the START keyframe highlighted set your zoom, for instance, by clicking on a corner handle and dragging. Then with the end keyframe highlighted set the end zoom the same way. Click PLAY to see what you have done.

Lin's on your case he'll provide a much fuller reply. In fact he replied while I was editing.

DaveG

Here's a quick sample for you. The main image with the moon is on the main slide list. The two hawk images have been added to the Objects and Animations list. A single keyframe automatically is inserted for each image at the beginning of the timeline as you see in the Objects and Animations screen.

Set the time you wish the slide to display by selecting the main slide and clicking on the Project Options to change times universally or on the main tab of the "Customize Slide". Add a keyframe for each object where you want the action or animation to end. Highlight the keframe by clilcking on it, drag the image to the new position and/or size and rotation.

Link to sample:

http://www.learntomakeslideshows.net/samples/samplemove.zip

See extreme example in this demo:

http://www.learntomakeslideshows.net/samples/cubefunz.zip

Lin

Thanks!

Put the main image in the slide list. Add other images to the objects and animations object list. The main image will cover the bottom layer and each "object" image will occupy a separate layer. Layers are automatically assigned as you place your images on the Objects list in Objects and Animations. Which object appears on which layer is initially decided by the order you place them onto the objects list. You can move objects up or down at will using CTRL PgUP CTRL PgDn or via the menu thus making the ones you wish either pass in front or behind other objects.

Should the main image be highlighted with the green frame when I add the new objects, or should I make sure that is off. Do the new objects need to be children to that parent main image?

Size the objects in the Objects and Animations list and place them anywhere you wish by drag and drop.

Should I resize and position first and then set the Keyframe? Once I click on the keyframe along the timeline, it is not giving me the option to resize or move the image.

Thank you for your help!

That's one way of doing it, but download the first link I posted, unzip it and look at how it was done.

The first keyframe is automatically created and placed at the beginning of the timeline for each image or each object added.

The second keyframe you insert where you want the animation to "end". You click on the second keyframe to highlight it and the green rectangle will appear. Drag or size the image while the second keyframe is highlighted and PTE will create all necessary intermediate images or the code to create them when you run the preview.

The essence is that all animation takes place "between" the keyframes. With keyframe one highlighted you size and place the image as you want it to appear at the start of the slide display. With keyframe two, etc., highlighted you size and place the image as you want it to appear at the time represented by the second keyframe. PTE then creates the necessary movement, size, rotation, opacity, etc., to make it happen between keyframes.

Lin

I am getting it!! I just added a second image to the main image and had it increase in opacity across the timeline until it was visible. It just took a little different explanation to make it click in my brain. Thanks!