WnSoft Forums

Fading in V5 does not work as in V4

Esben

Hi all,

I have been using P2E in V4.47 so far. Recently updated to V5.5. Unfortunately I have some problems with it.

I tried the feature of V4.47 (simple fading with music) in V5.5 but do not get the same results. Fading is staggering to the point of no fading at all (after a couple slides).

Am I doing something wrong with the prpperties in V5.5? I ve heart V5 works with the same engine as in V4.47 for all non Animaion (Pan and Zoom) effects. So I do not understand why I do not get smooth results.

Following this logic, it should not be a matter of my hardware (as fading in V.4.47 works fine on the same computer: Pentium M 1,5 Ghz, 1,24 GB RAM)

Any suggestions?

Many thanks,

Esben

Hi Ron,

thanks for the quick reply.

According to my device manager it is an IntelĀ® 82852/82855 GM/GME Graphic Controller

Is that to say, V5 works indeed differently than V4, as the same feature works differently?

Hope it is only a setting in the properties.

Esben

That is the same graphics chipset that was installed in my old Fujitsu Siemens Amilo laptop. It proved incapable of running PTEv5 without occasionally giving some flicker at times. The flicker was most noticeable on images that were made up of several other images. Although there was no pan/zoom/rotate active (i.e. no changing image) the individual objects had been zoomed down in size, slightly rotated and positioned using pan values at their origin keyframe. As I wanted to make full use of the pan and zoom feature, I eventually decided the only long term solution was to get a more modern laptop with a graphics chipset that was known to work OK with PTEv5.

Peter, it is indeed from a Fujisu Siemens Laptop (amilo pro V2000), otherwise running fine. So it sounds like I have to stay with 4.47 as long as I use this Computer.

Igor, I have the same problem with pic downsized to Screen resolution (1024*768). Intervall to the next Slide is 5 sec with 1,5 s transition.

Shame I have to wait for V5 till I get new hardware, but that is the way it is with IT.

Thanks for the reply.

Esben

I came across a weird effect:

I created a show in 4.49, all works fine. I open the same show in V5 and it works too.

I create a similar show (same features, fading etc) right in V5.5 and I get flickering fades.

I can work that way at least.

Esben

Sorry I was wrong, it is indeed a matter of Picture Size. Pics larger than screen res flicker in V5 but not in V4 while fading.

Unfortunately, it is V5 I could make use of larger Images ;) No need for them in V4, bummer.

However, wasnt it a discussion awhile ago weather or not V5 has disadvatages? Apperently, it makes sense to keep V4.49 as a Basic version a it can handle large images with older hardware, something V5 can not, though having the same engine for non KenBurns Effect.

Thanks anyway,

Esben