WnSoft Forums

Change pictures path

szphoto

Hi all

I've made a quite large PTE presentation (about 200 slides). While I was working on this presentation, all pictures were stored in a folder.

Now, I need to move this folder, so I'll change the pictures path.

Is there a way to change globally the pictures paths in PTE, or I need to change every picture path individually? It will be a very boring job...

szphoto,

Simply re-open your origional Slideshow Folder and re-open the Presentation with the:- .pte File...into the Main PTE Program Window.

Now make a 'Template' of the Show which will be stored within the PTE Program Folder. You can then 'copy' that into a New Folder of

your choice and re-name that Folder and park-it elsewhere on your PC...then remove any other duplicate.

The 'PTE Template-Utility' is designed to do exactly what you want to do. It makes an exact copy of all the Images,Sounds,Transitions,etc.....

It's a carbon copy ~ of the origional Show and all its contents.

"See attachment below"

Brian.Conflow

post-1416-1213709894_thumb.jpg

Hi szphoto,

You may not need to do anything. I work on a Vista Home Premium desktop PC. On my system I have a folder called "Digital Studio" in which each sequence has its own sub-folder (containing all image files, sound files and the .pte file for that sequence). I have found that, once my sequence is built to my satisfaction, I can move (i.e. drag and drop) the sequence folder from "Digital Studio" folder (which I use for the work-in-progress sequences) to "AV Sequences" folder (which I use for completed sequences).

If I need to revisit one of the completed sequences I have two options:

- for a quick modification I can launch PTE and open the pte file from under "AV Sequences" - and all the links are followed correctly

- for a more complex modification, I just drag and drop the sequence folder back into "Digital Studio" folder and treat it as work-in-progress once more.

I don't know whether the same approach would work with XP as the operating system.

There is a further benefit to Brian's approach... Once I have completed a sequence I make a Template of it and copy the template files to a CD. This then acts as a handy backup in case I lose anything on my PC - either by accident or design! It also enables me to load my sequence (the template) onto someone else's PC if I am working on a joint project with them or want to show them something in PTE. It's a very useful feature.

Keith