WnSoft Forums

Newbie questions

bobl

I am new to the program and trying to create my first program. I have converted tiff's to jpegs, sharpened in Photoshop , viewing at 100%. When I check the image full screen, on my monitor, they look very sharp. After I burn a DVD and view it on monitor it does not appear as sharp as what I saw oon n the same monitor in Photoshop. What might I be doing wrong?

Second question: when I take the DVD and try to play it on a DVD player through the TV I get the messqge that the DVD cannot be recognized. What do I need to do?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks.

Bob Ludwig

Hello Bob,

First Question. The DVD never looks as sharp on the monitor as a PTE .exe slide show. However it will look much better when viewed on the TV.

Second Question. Is it possible that in Video Builder you do not have NTSC selected in Project Options>TV System (I think the default is PAL)? Apart from this, another possibilty maybe the quality/type +R or -R/manufacture of your DVD blanks, etc.

Limey.

I am new to the program and trying to create my first program. I have converted tiff's to jpegs, sharpened in Photoshop , viewing at 100%. When I check the image full screen, on my monitor, they look very sharp. After I burn a DVD and view it on monitor it does not appear as sharp as what I saw oon n the same monitor in Photoshop. What might I be doing wrong?

Second question: when I take the DVD and try to play it on a DVD player through the TV I get the messqge that the DVD cannot be recognized. What do I need to do?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks.

Bob Ludwig

Hello

Are you using rewriteable DVD's as these do not work on my television, all others do. Also when making your DVD wait until the computer opens your draw which is some time after you think it has finished to make sure the session is complete

Regards

Jean