WnSoft Forums

Stormy Day Here Today so Little Experiment

Lin Evans

LOL - not yet, I'm still working out the details - this one is pretty complex. Some of the waterfalls have been greatly improved since the earlier posts. As with the rain I'm still working on the realism aspect which requires a combination of special PNG file creation and application. The "secret" of rain is in the PNG file which has to literally be made from photographs of rain drops to get the proper transparency and shadowing for a realistic appearance. There is a combination of bouncing perspective along with underlying PNG files which simulate the rain striking the pavement plus transparency in the rain effect itself. It will probably take me a week or more to work out details for a tutorial on this one.

Best regards,

Lin

Yes, very good, quite realistic. I personally like it better than the waterfalls, which are also well done - just not as realistic imho. I think the bouncing precipitation is a good bit of realism. Is your "how to" available on this one?