WnSoft Forums

Upload to website

Just to clarify - If you want the PTE.exe file available for downloading from your website, you will probably be able to do that, subject to any site limitations on size. If however, you want the PTE.exe file to actually be played as a show on your web site - I don't think it will work.

Thanks, Tine

Glad you got everything working OK. And it worked fine without saving, after downloading to RAM.

You have a beautiful view - where exactly is that? Nice big images, too.

Al, I hope the answer here does not cause me to "duh" ! How do I view tine's show without saving it. When the option appears on my screen to save or open, - I don't know how to answer the open with what?

By the way, Al your many posts of really good information are sure appreciated. I enjoy exploring and learning, but I also appreciate "going to school" on you and others. The sharing of information really makes everyone's time and effort more productive.

How do I view tine's show without saving it. When the option appears on my screen to save or open, - I don't know how to answer the open with what?

Bob,

I just clicked on "Open" and the file immediately started to download and when finished started playing! When finished, there was no such file left on my pc. Don't ask me how it works! ;):)

Re "going to school", I feel like I'm still in school, too - I learn something new every day! And I like to be able to pass it on. And, being retired, there's lots of time to experiment! Life is good! :D

I would like to have a slide show on my web site. I've done a "before and after" one that I'll be showing at the county fair that I'd also like available on my site. Does anyone here have experience with how to make it work with Windows Media players or anything like that? Is Flash the way to go? I'm just wondering which tree to go climb now.

~Cindy

Bob,

I just clicked on "Open" and the file immediately started to download and when finished started playing! When finished, there was no such file left on my pc. Don't ask me how it works!  

Al: Windows stores the file in a temp directory when you use the "open" command as you did above. That's why it doesn't appear to be on your PC. Look on your C drive and you'll find project2.exe in a temporary internet files directory.

Dana

Tinem said "have uploaded a trial here http://www.gaia-instituttet.dk/Project2.exe (3.861KB) and if you don't want to save it on your computer you could select "Open" instead of "Save"."

why not just r click on the target do a save as to a specific folder, -- check the folder for viruses and then open the zip extract the exe and start the show and sit back and enjoy -- I did ;)

ken