WnSoft Forums

PREFERENCES

Igor,

Would it be possible, in a future version, to have a PREFERENCES dialogue (similar to Photoshop's) which would allow users to change the default values for a given set of parameters?

One that requires such a facility at this time is MODE in O&A/ Common.

Of the three options available I find that the ORIGINAL setting (with its corresponding value of 100% for ZOOM) is the most logical. Others will prefer Fit to Screen or Cover Screen so the ability to tailor to the users needs would be a big step forward.

Some of the settings in OPTIONS and CUSTOMISE SLIDE could be included in a PREFERENCES dialogue.

Preferences would allow me to open, for instance, a New Project where the Screen Options match my display, the Time interval for slides defaults to my prefered setting and the Effects would be set to Fade in/out with a default value of whatever I decide. In addition the Mode would be set to Original and the Position to Pixels.

All this (and others) would be my USER PREFERENCES.

I apologise if this has been mentioned before and I have missed it.

DaveG

Dave,

Some of what you would like can be achieved already by setting up a Template and making it your default for all new projects. But I think bringing all the User Preference options into a single dialogue point would be another step in simplifying the user interface. It would definitely simplify things for all future new users.

I'd like to add to the list of items to be included:

- the default text font for text objects in the O&A window

- the default text colour for text objects in the O&A window

- the default Drop shadow for an Object (On or Off)

Dave and Peter I agree about the value of having a User Preference dialogue.

My only comment is that all/most of the suggested settings concern the O&A area. I think there is a need for a User Preference dialogue button in the O&A screen and another General Preference dialogue in the main screen, (perhaps under the "View" menu), for the more general PTE settings.

John/DaveG

Obviously there will be preferences that we would like to set that apply to various different parts of PTE. I agree that having them all under one function is a good idea. Any requirement to group them logically can be satisfied by placing them under separate tabs within that one central function. View...Preferences... seems as good a place as any to have them.

Thanks, yes the tab function occurred to me just after I posted previously.

I agree, one set of user preferences under View>Preferences with tabs for the various areas in PTE that the preferences relate too, a la photoshop preferences.

Prompted by discussion in another thread, I've come back to this one to offer a further thought...

The "Preferences" need to operate at two distinct levels:

Level 1 - Via a new command "View...Preferences"

We should be able to edit and save a complete set of preferences that are stored at the PTE level. In other words they are the values that apply each time we create a new project.

Level 2 - Via Project Options

We should be able to modify any or all of these values and have them stored at the Project level. In other words these are the values that apply only to that specific project.

regards,

Peter