WnSoft Forums

Only for Diehard Rodeo Fans with "FAST" Broadband

Lin Evans

"IF" you have a fast broadband and "IF" you love rodeo, this is a tome! I had the pleasure of shooting one of the fine rodeos at Cheyenne Wyoming last week. Rodeo is a way of life for some here in the western U.S. - when I was young I loved the sport and still have some scars and mended broken bones from my follies of youth. These days I'm content to feed my 31 year old quarter horse and we both prefer to "watch" the kids participate in the "Grand Daddy of Them All" at Cheyenne.

No frills, no zooms, pans or rotates, just 62 minutes of pure western sport with about six seconds per frame and some great rodeo music by the late, great rodeo cowboy and singer Chris LeDoux and the pride of Canada and former rodeo cowboy Ian Tyson and his former wife Sylvia Fricker.

Not for the faint of heart - and contrary to my normal shows and against my own advice, a huge hour-long tome but worth it if you are a rodeo fan.

Note 7/29/08: reworked resampling algorithm to reduce size to ~730 meg on same link:

http://www.lin-evans.net/cheyenne/Cheyenne.zip (730 meg download)

Best regards,

Lin

Hey Ken,

Wow! I can't believe anyone actually downloaded 1.09 gigabytes! It was done for my daughter, son-in-law and grand kids but I thought perhaps some might find it interesting - especially rodeo fans so I uploaded it to my site. Thanks for the feedback!

Best regards,

Lin

Lin

downloaded to an external usb drive in 1 hr 15 mins

same plays fine

will burn to dvd and see how it plays from internal dvd player

great quality picts /sound

ken

Lin have since burned it to dvd

tested same on onboard dvd player ran to end fine

tried it on external usb dvd player and it kind of hickuped so cancelled same rather than have a reboot

great action shots -- should be a seller to rodeo fans on dvd - maybe Barry has some royalty free CW music :)

great trick riders as well

ken

"IF" you have a fast broadband and "IF" you love rodeo, this is a tome! I had the pleasure of shooting one of the fine rodeos at Cheyenne Wyoming last week. Rodeo is a way of life for some here in the western U.S. - when I was young I loved the sport and still have some scars and mended broken bones from my follies of youth. These days I'm content to feed my 31 year old quarter horse and we both prefer to "watch" the kids participate in the "Grand Daddy of Them All" at Cheyenne.

No frills, no zooms, pans or rotates, just 62 minutes of pure western sport with about six seconds per frame and some great rodeo music by the late, great rodeo cowboy and singer Chris LeDoux and the pride of Canada and former rodeo cowboy Ian Tyson and his former wife Sylvia Fricker.

Not for the faint of heart - and contrary to my normal shows and against my own advice, a huge hour-long tome but worth it if you are a rodeo fan.

http://www.lin-evans.net/cheyenne/Cheyenne.zip (1.09 Gigabyte download)

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

Managed to downoad it in just over 56min. Only watched the first five minutes or so but love the music and images. All I need now is an hour to sit and enjoy the rodeo.

Thanks for sharing it.

All the best

Tony C

Hi Tony,

Thanks for watching! Hope you get time to see the entire show.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

Managed to downoad it in just over 56min. Only watched the first five minutes or so but love the music and images. All I need now is an hour to sit and enjoy the rodeo.

Thanks for sharing it.

All the best

Tony C

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for looking! It's a fun time for all in Cheyenne for Frontier Days and lots of fun to watch and shoot.

Best regards,

Lin

Lin

Bit the bullet! – Downloaded - You have a very fast server.

Looks like quite the event, something I have never attended.

Exceptional photos indeed.

Thanks for passing along.

Hi Dom,

Thanks for watching! Actually, it was done for my daughter who loves rodeo and competes in rodeo barrel racing so really not intended for a general audience which is why I warned "only for die-hard rodeo fans". That's why I didn't just put a few selections in a short slideshow.

Best regards,

Lin

Lin, I downloaded your show. Honestly, I only watch the first 10 minutes.

You really have great pictures and in my opinion, it would deserve a selection to make it more attractive for people who are not especially reodeo lovers. ;)