WnSoft Forums

"Show Safe TV Zone"...

goddi

Since someone recently mentioned something about 'Safe TV Zone', I went about trying to find it. Since it was not where I expected it to be, it took me some time to locate it, even with the User Guides. My mind was looking for where I thought it should be, so that did not help me absorb what the User Guide was saying.

So after I found it, I thought, "Why the heck is it here?". It is located in the O/A Tools tab. When it is selected, it acts as a global command but you have to look at each individual slide in O/A to see the effect.

However, why not make it so you can view the Safe TV Zone as it plays in Preview and in the little Preview Player? Would this not be more useful so you can view how the Safe TV Zone shows up in real time and in the O/A. Then you can make a better decision on where you have to make any adjustments?

If I am missing something here, please let me know. But I thought, if I am not mistaken, in previous version, I could actually do this...turn on the Safe TV Zone and do a Preview of the actual slideshow. I would like to see a button right next to the Preview Player so I could toggle it on and off.

Wouldn't this be a useful change?? Thanks, Gary

Added later: P.S. Ahhhhh... I just discovered the little left/right arrows in the O/A screen that let me run manually through the slides with the Safe TV Zone showing. Cool. I spoke a little too quickly. But maybe it would be useful to see the Safe TV Zone displayed in real time in Preview???

In version 4.48 the tv safe zone is accessed by a check box in the object editor

as the progran has evolved it is still accessed via the o/a button under the tools section

when you energize video builder it is also available so you can make sure your text is not cut off

I have mentioned on the forum to stay away from the r edge of the tv zone of the menu to avoid cutting off text

ken

from the history folder

PicturesToExe v4.40 (March 28, 2005)

------------------------------------

+ Improvements in AVI video output:

> It supports personalized background music now.

(If you want to set a new playlist starting from a definite slide.)

> Added "Show safe TV zone" option in Visual editor window.

This can be useful for preparing a slide show for DVD disc.

ken

i dont have a gov/army pension:)

been retired since Aug 31 93

bonuses and overtime stopped then :)

for multiple sets you have to have that black box for each -- $$$$$$$$$$ :)

just maintaining what i have is a chore

I know you feel for us pensioners tho' :)

ken

I think that there might be another reason for that - if you are able to, try connecting your computer/laptop to your TV.

D-Connector or preferably HDMI.

You will see that if you set your PC to the same res as your TV there is NO TV safe area required. Read the TV manual though - if you use a D-Connector it limits you to (in my case) 1280x768 instead of the 1360x768 I can get with HDMI (26").

DaveG

goddi

From Post #1

However, why not make it so you can view the Safe TV Zone as it plays in Preview and in the little Preview Player?

This suggestion was mentioned to Igor just recently and his answer was that he has added it to his “ To Do List “

I agree with you, this would then give you a “Real Live slide view “ in mini player playback when creating a DVD presentation.

The capability of being able to toggle off and on was also mentioned when not required for a PC slide show.

I am sure if it is at all possible Igor will add in the future.

goddi

From Post #1

This suggestion was mentioned to Igor just recently and his answer was that he has added it to his “ To Do List “

I agree with you, this would then give you a “Real Live slide view “ in mini player playback when creating a DVD presentation.

The capability of being able to toggle off and on was also mentioned when not required for a PC slide show.

I am sure if it is at all possible Igor will add in the future.

Cool...thanks much. I didn't realize it was already discussed and in the "To Do List". Super!

Gary

Limey,

You are, of course, correct!

I did a couple of tests this morning and found that the TV Safe Zone needs to be taken into account even with flat screen HD Tvs etc.

I gave up on DVD a while ago when I became unhappy about the quality available from DVD when compared to connecting a suitably equipped laptop to my TV monitor via HDMI cable.

I can now construct my PTE show at the same resolution as my TV screen (1366x768) and not have to worry about "Safe TV Zone". Putting a white line around a show proves this to be the case - it is always visible at the edges (no black bands at top, bottom or sides) and shows that nothing is being "discarded".

I also looked at the MPEGs made for making DVDs and regardless of format, resolution etc they are always 720x576 - PAL.

DaveG