WnSoft Forums

Font Limitation

geogeo

I notice that if I choose an unusual font for AV text than if that font is not present on a different PC then the AV defaults to Arial. So I assume that the text is not digitised within the .EXE file but made up 'on the fly' on playback. If this is the case then I seem to be limited to the usual standard fonts such are Arial, Times New Roman etc. Can someone please confirm this is the case?

thanks

Geo

Hi Geo,

Yes, that's correct. Your selected fonts must be resident on the computer on which the show is played or Windows will substitute its own font.

If you want to avoid this then use the "Rasterize Text to PNG image" feature found under the "Properties" tab in the Objects and Animations section. By putting a checkmark in this block your text will be automatically converted to a PNG image and therefore be available to all PC's exactly as you create it regardless of which font you use.

Best regards,

Lin

I notice that if I choose an unusual font for AV text than if that font is not present on a different PC then the AV defaults to Arial. So I assume that the text is not digitised within the .EXE file but made up 'on the fly' on playback. If this is the case then I seem to be limited to the usual standard fonts such are Arial, Times New Roman etc. Can someone please confirm this is the case?

thanks

Geo

Geo,

It's OK, you're not going blind. You didn't miss it - it isn't there!

The tick box for Rasterized appears on the Properties tab for Text objects only - and these seem to have been overlooked when preparing the User Guide.

regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

Actually it is there in Jeff and my user guide on page 34:

The third icon identified with a bold "A" is a shortcut to add text to your screen. Text can be of any available font, size and color and can be assigned mouse click "actions" like buttons. Text can be animated or have any opacity just as any other object. Text can also have completely adjustable drop shadows, etc. If you are using some unusual font not likely to be found on other computers and are making an executable slide show, it's best to use the "rasterize to PNG" feature to make your text into a graphic file which is immune to the presence or absence of a particular font on the computer being used to play the executable slide show. Under the properties tab you will find a box to check if you wish to "rasterize" your text and make a PNG file of it to be used as an object rather than simply as text.

Best regards,

Lin

Geo,

It's OK, you're not going blind. You didn't miss it - it isn't there!

The tick box for Rasterized appears on the Properties tab for Text objects only - and these seem to have been overlooked when preparing the User Guide.

regards,

Peter

LOL - I have to double check everything in Braille myself to prevent seeing two of everything - getting old is hell, going blind is worse if that's possible! I guess I'm going to have to break down and wear the eyeglasses which were prescribed for me about 10 years ago if I can find them - HA!

Lin