WnSoft Forums

V 5.5 mini player and sound

Nettleton

Have created a slideshow with music added to first slide (didn't add music using Project Options/Music because I want to integrate this into a larger slideshow) and running through all slide show. When viewing slideshow using mini player I don't get any sound. Have searched recent forum postings but not found anyone with similar problem. Am I misusing the software or is this a glitch?? Hope someone can assist. Thank you.

Nettleton

Hello Nettleton,

If you do not use the background music, you do not have synchronization between music and images. In my opinion the mini player in combination with timeline and waveform is the tool for the synchronization business. Maybe that this is the reason why PTE does not play music via the mini player, if this music is added to a slide.

Best regards,

Xaver H.

Munich

Nettleton/Xaver,

It can be done!

In Project Options...Main tab - untick "Synchronize music and slides"

In Project Options...Music tab - tick "Don't interrupt sound comment when next slide appears"

Add the sound file via the little loudspeaker icon up at the top right of the main window and NOT via Customize slide button

...and remember that you made these changes when you come to incorporate this bit into the bigger project (you might need to reverse these two actions, depending upon how you assemble the big sequence)

regards,

Peter

(Edit: to include the use of the icon rather than Customize slide to add the music to the slide)

Hi Peter,

I agree, and I don't at the same time. In my eyes any other method than using background music seems to be useless. If you insert music via "Add sound" it nicely plays when using the mini player, but only if you start the show from the slide to which the sound has been added. Furthermore, the waveform does not show up. All in all, not a practical solution. Think of the situation where you add the sound to the first slide, and try to shift transition points around slide no. 30. What really would be helpful: audio objects which could be placed anywhere on the timeline.

Best regards,

Xaver

Munich

Xaver,

I'm in agreement with you on this. I was merely pointing out to Nettleton that what he/she wanted to achieve was possible. I agree with you that being able to see the waveform when positioning transitions - and animated objects too - is highly desirable and therefore adding the sound via Project Options...Music tab is the better option (even though, at present, we cannot see the waveform in the objects window).

regards,

Peter

Thank you Xaver and Peter.

Peter

In Project Options...Main tab - untick "Synchronize music and slides"

In Project Options...Music tab - tick "Don't interrupt sound comment when next slide appears"

Add the sound file via the little loudspeaker icon up at the top right of the main window and NOT via Customize slide button

This DOES give me sound when running mini player BUT I have a slide show with very quick animation and it would be really useful to choose a slide, ie slide 6, to start playing in the mini player and hear the music, and then stop the mini player and fine tune the animation to the fraction of a second. Otherwise I have to Preview from the beginning of the slideshow and watch the animation very carefully all the way through to find where music/picture are slightly out of sinchronization and this is a very time consuming way of doing it!

Any other suggestions please?

Many thanks - Nettleton

...I have to Preview from the beginning of the slideshow and watch the animation very carefully all the way through to find where music/picture are slightly out of sinchronization and this is a very time consuming way of doing it! Any other suggestions please...

Nettleton,

Now you have run into the problem that I mentioned above. As you said: You want to combine a show from several projects. As a workaround I would use background music for all projects to be combined. Configure each of your projects such that the end of the last slide and the end of the music coincide. (If the music is a little bit too short, insert some silence or add a silent sound file of the appropriate length.) Now you can easily build up the big show from the pieces by copying slides and music files separately.

Best regards,

Xaver

Munich

Thank you Xaver - but I would still like to be able to fine tune the synchronization at any point during the individual show using mini player as the animation is so fast !

I agree that audio objects that could be placed anywhere on the timeline would be useful.

Regards - Nettleton

... I would still like to be able to fine tune the synchronization at any point during the individual show using mini player as the animation is so fast ...

You can actually do this if you choose (as I said above) "background music" (This means: Insert music via: Project options > music; furthermore: "Synchronize music and slides"), and at present time, this seems to be the only practical way to do it.

Best regards

Xaver

Munich

You can actually do this if you choose (as I said above) "background music" (This means: Insert music via: Project options > music; furthermore: "Synchronize music and slides"), and at present time, this seems to be the only practical way to do it.

Best regards

Xaver

Munich

Xaver

I was misunderstanding. Have just followed your instruction implicitly - and it works! THANK YOU - makes life SO much easier.

Nettleton,

You don't have to Preview from the beginning every time. In the main PTE window, on the lower toolbar and between the Preview and Video buttons is a small button. If you select your start slide and click on this the sequence will preview from the selected slide.

regards,

Peter

..between the Preview and Video buttons is a small button. If you select your start slide and click on this the sequence will preview from the selected slide....

Peter,

in the way Nettleton tried to insert the music, the "toast" would not have been helpful, as the music (added as sound comment to the first slide) would not have played. He now uses the standard way and seems to be happy!

Best regards,

Xaver

Munich