WnSoft Forums

Bangkok-Two Worlds

taler

Hello all,

I would like to present you my very first slide show, made with the help of P2E. The title is "Bangkok Two Worlds". Bill was so kind, to store it on Beechbrook Cottage, Thanks Bill. You can download it here! I wonder about the reaction!

I 'm used to work with m.objects, but a friend of mine showed me this great program. Being my first work, I would be very grateful for any comment. I think, one learns most by the opinions of other experienced AV-Producers. I did not make this show for the forum, but I'm ready to make any correction, if the show will change for the better. My intention was a little bit pilosophical and it would be a great pleasure for me, getting feedback, also concerning these questions. The Two Worlds, was I successful to show them in this show? The lying Buddha (at this moment going to the nirwana) does he wake emotions? Did I successfully show the Thai people living their life? ( Lotus flower is a religious symbol for buddhists; yellow is the color of the king, and the Thai love her king)

Peter Taler

Es gefaellt mir. :) Ganz gut eigentlich.

Yes Peter, although this is your first presentation using PTE, your experience in related art/tech is evident. I was hooked with your very first image. I think the vertical pan was a very effective attention getter. Even at that large size, the photo quality was very good.

I think your use of different transitions was fitting in this show. I suspect some viewers may think the effects were somewhat too much. I think your vertical pans worked and were nicely synchronized with the music. Your show title was useful as it gave me a hint of what to expect in your presentation. If I accurately understand your intent to show the two sides of life in Bangkok, I think you are partially successful. I thought the carousel of people passing around the lotus flower was good, symbolic, and a pleasing way to view some people in their day-to-day life. If the one world, of the two worlds of Bangkok, is meant to show the rough, dirty side of life - then you could have shown more than you did. However, I think it is nice to withhold much of the "dirt." One does not need to see every nasty detail to get the point.

The photos are quite good. In watching the show, I felt it was interesting but I did not really feel emotion. I am afraid I saw more the high quality of the Budda photo rather than an emotional effect.

I did enjoy the show. One problem however of such a good first effort in PTE - is that you now have to make every show at least so good and we will all expect almost each one to be even better. Thanks for sharing your views of Bangkok.

I loved the opening of this show it was superb !

The music also fitted very well.

However the two worlds idea did pass me by i'm afraid and to be honest I did not find it an emotional show.

(apart from the love at the opening)

Great images and enjoyed all the way .

Hope to see more in the future

All the Best

Neil

Hi Peter,

I have been to Bangkok many times, and liked you show very much. As others already said, the opening was great and your use of the different dissolves was nicely done, I would have liked the carrousel dissolves with the people a little slower. I did not understand the Two Worlds, was it new versus old, modern versus traditional, or something else?

Thanks for posting it,

Bert