WnSoft Forums

Simple Transition Effects

photoflora

I expect I have missed something along the way, but it isn't for the want of looking. Can anyone direct me to a method for doing a simple horizontal or vertical or maybe (greatly daring) a diagonal wipe. The nearest I have found is the 'hour hand' type transition, but for just adding a line of title text I'd really really like a good old-fashioned 'cinematic' side-to-side wipe -hard or only slightly soft-edged (smoothing line - no problem). Can Anybody Help?

I repeat my apology if this is in the wrong place or if it's already been mentioned, suggested or whatever, but I haven't found any reference to it. You see I'm a simple soul, who likes to keep his presentations very plain, beliving that the pictures can speak better for themselves that way.

Look forward to getting some help from someone who knows their way around PTE much better than me - so thanks in advance!

P-F

Hi PF,

Actually that particular transition doesn't exist with PTE but is easy to create. That's the nice thing about PTE - if you don't have something you can almost always create it.

To give you specifics I need to know a bit more about just what you want to do. Essentially, if you have a solid color backdrop and want to make text disappear in a "wipe" you just need to create a solid jpg the same color as your background. You simply pass this solid color from left to right, top to bottom, diagonally, etc, across the text at the speed you choose. You can also create a PNG with a feathered leading edge to make it a "soft" wipe or use any type of PNG "mask" to make special effects.

If you could post a quick PTE file of the screen you want to do this with, I will create a quick sample for you.

Best regards,

Lin

Hello PF,

Perhaps I'm missing something here.

Doesn't the 'Page Effect Horizontal/Vertical' or 'Page Effect Diagonal' give you what you need?

I use these frequently to add/subtract text from a background slide.

Not to be confused with 'Curl of Page. effect.

Best Regards,

Limey.

Thanks Lin and Limey - The Page Effects do it nicely - I was misled by the name (I reckon I'd have called it a horizontal/vertical/diagonal wipe)

Can't get a razor-sharp edge (using a zero value 'thickness of smoothing line') should I need one though!

Thanks again both!

P-F

Hi P-F,

You are getting a razor-sharp edge! Make sure that you have ticked "Permit control of show using keyboard" on the Project Options---Advanced tab, then Preview your sequence. When one of your page wipes is half-way across the screen, press the spacebar. The show will pause and you will see the edge of your wipe clearly.

When everything runs at normal speed, the slight blurring that you see at the edge of the wipe is an optical illusion.

regards,

Peter

P-F

If you have a look at Frans' 8 shows

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....ost&p=56247

he starts each one with a curl from desktop - and they loook sharp to my tired eyes -perhaps drop him a line and ask for his settings

ken

Ken, that's quite a startling and impressive effect, but not what I had in mind. I'll take it on trust that the page effect edge is sharp, until I find a moment to experiment, but I've found what I needed to know - thanks everybody!

P-F