WnSoft Forums

Error message and cannot access my PTE files!

ChesapkLady

I am preparing for a seminar which is going to take place in three hours, and was going to tweak the opening slide show I had prepared, and suddenly PTE does not recognize my project! I get an "Information" window which says "Project Files Created with Pictures to Exe v1.00-v1.60 are not supported now." I am using Vista, and have the latest version of PTE 5.5 deluxe.

HELP!!!!! :o

Thanks, Peggy

Hi Peggy,

Use the desktop icon rather than clicking on the project for best results. The association with PTE is probably defaulted to the first instance (the older version) by Vista. Not having Vista installed, I don't know what the solution is but if you use a desktop icon it will allow you to open the correct version of PTE.

Best regards,

Lin

Peggy,

I'm not wishing to cause any confusion by butting in late in this discussion but I run Vista on my PCs. Vista, just like XP before it, can associate each file extension (in your case the .pte file extension) with only one product. So you must decide which version of PTE you want to start when you double-click on a PTE project file. At present it would seem that your system is set to associate v4 PTE with the .pte files. This can be changed - but it's got to be your decision.

If you would rather that double-clicking a .pte file opened it in v5 I can give you some instructions to follow to make the change in Vista.

Your other option is to launch the version of PTE that you want first and then do File...Open...to locate and open the actual pte file that you want.

regards,

Peter