WnSoft Forums

Tree View

Steve,

Having the ability to add some favorite(s) directory would be a nice touch.

Right now your quickest access to My Pictures folder is to click the yellow open folder icon label atop the gui panel. This is your Documents folder ... and below in the folder pane you should see your My Pictures folder.

First it is not the expanding of the folders that's the problem -it's the depth that I have to go to.

Second, nobeefstu, there is a "Documents" directory shown in the tree already which opens up "My Documents" however, under Vista the My Pictures folder is no longer in here it is under a completely different path: C:\Users\yourname\Pictures\Photos\then whatever you have created.

So what I would like to do is to put a shortcut in the tree view directly to the Photos directory.

Steve,

Now I understand where you're coming from! And I agree with you. If Igor cannot easily allow us to add nominated folders of our own into the view then he could, at least, provide all the top level folders that Vista gives as standard to a user.

regards,

Peter

The following is just my opinion:

You should not be writing data to your C: drive.

Get yourself a USB drive and transfer/write all of your data to that.

Then you can put your "favourite" folder in the root of the USB drive and solve all of your problems in one swoop.

While you are at it defrag your c drive (and do it regularly) - you'll be surprised the difference it makes to programs like CS3 and NX2!

Just my opinion - I think Igor could spend his time on much more pressing things.

DaveG