WnSoft Forums

DVD Burning Error

wideangle

I install and use each beta as it appears and have had no real problems in burning DVDs before.

I am currently using beta 13 and have just found a problem. Randomly I chose beta 7 and the same problem occurred.

Here's the scenario.

I have 8 separate PTE shows which I want to burn to a DVD with a front-end menu. Those 8 shows play perfectly by themselves and have no problems. The shows are quite basic, with no pan or zoom effects.

I choose a menu template and choose a 4x2 option so that I get all my thumbnails on one screen. The DVD creation process starts, with the converting of the files to MPEG2. That works OK. The menu converts to MPEG2. That's OK also.

During the VOB files multiplexing the program terminates with the error 'Author.exe Abnormal Program Termination'

I have tried to isolate the problem with no success.

PTE Videobuilder tells me that the DVD would be 3.21 GB and play for 1hr 03 min if it worked.

If I stick with a 4x2 layout but only use a max of 4 shows, it works OK.

If I use a 2x2 layout with more than 4 shows so that it uses 2 pages for the menu, I get the error.

If I use a 3x2 layout with a max of 6 shows, it works.

I'm lost for ideas at the moment - what am I missing here??

Regards,

wideangle

Hi Wideangle,

Didn't know you could burn a dvd of 4,6,8 exe slideshows using videobuilder. Do you have the time to explain to me how to do this. I have been looking for a way to do this through Videobuilder but apparently am not aware of the steps...would appreciate your input...jongru

Guest Yachtsman1
Hi Wideangle,

Didn't know you coulthe d burn a dvd of 4,6,8 exe slideshows using videobuilder. Do you have the time to explain to me how to do this. I have been looking for a way to do this through Videobuilder but apparently am not aware of the steps...would appreciate your input...jongru

Hi jongru4

You had me guessing. I usually use PTE 5.5 and have burned a number of shows to dvd via the video button. I'm am expeimenting with 5.6 and to burn a dvd using that version, the video button is invisible and you need to use the create button and a drop down menu with various functions appears, chose the burn dvd item and follow the instructions. Hope that helps.

Yachtsman1

Hi Wideangle,

Didn't know you could burn a dvd of 4,6,8 exe slideshows using videobuilder. Do you have the time to explain to me how to do this. I have been looking for a way to do this through Videobuilder but apparently am not aware of the steps...would appreciate your input...jongru

Hi jongru,

I just meant that I clicked on 'Create' then chose the 'DVD Video Disk' option.

When Video Builder starts up, just use the File Explorer panel on the left to find your PTE projects (NOT exe files) and drag each one onto the bottom area of the screen, where you build up your DVD sequence. You don't have to stop at 8 shows by the way. The next stage lets you design your DVD menu layouts.

As for my problem, I rebuilt the DVD sequence, and successfully burned the DVD, so I've no idea what or where the fault was.

Regards,

wideangle.