WnSoft Forums

List of parameters and contents of a slideshow

Dear Developers,

I am a new member of the forum despite my experience of about one year now with PTE. I am still very fascinated but have some proposals. Here is one:

Once I have finished a slideshow there is no option to produce a listing of all contents (except the thumbnails of the pictures).

I would appreciate to have an option to generate a full list of all sklides together with the major parameters (times, transitions, added music or Text, embedded files of Titles etc....) as well as the Music used in Project Options, etc. etc...

Actually I allways generate at least a list of the thumbnails (Screenshots of the overview ) with names, to have a source for regeneration the show once the PTE file is finalized. In case of any hard Disk desaster or any other problem I can at least recover the slideshow rudimentarily from the original pictures (backed up on CD).

I am quite sure that all relevant information is available in the system. Can you think about such option for documentation ?.

Thanks

Reinhard

Dear Developers,

I am a new member of the forum despite my experience of about one year now with PTE. I am still very fascinated but have some proposals. Here is one:

Once I have finished a slideshow there is no option to produce a listing of all contents (except the thumbnails of the pictures).

I would appreciate to have an option to generate a full list of all sklides together with the major parameters (times, transitions, added music or Text, embedded files of Titles etc....) as well as the Music used in Project Options, etc. etc...

Actually I allways generate at least a list of the thumbnails (Screenshots of the overview ) with names, to have a source for regeneration the show once the PTE file is finalized. In case of any hard Disk desaster or any other problem I can at least recover the slideshow rudimentarily from the original pictures (backed up on CD).

I am quite sure that all relevant information is available in the system. Can you think about such option for documentation ?.

Thanks

Reinhard

The project(n).pte file contains all that information, albeit you may have to dig a bit to reveal the info. It's a plain text file that you can open in Wordpad or Notepad, and contains a complete list of timings, images and other parameters. Actually, PTE uses the information in this file to generate the .exe files.

Colin

Reinhard,

It's easy to get this with Sy(P) 2.10b (freeware 1.4MB)

With this tool you can obtain directly a print of your slideshow with the main parameters and thumbnails.

You can also obtain a RTF file for Word or Works or other editor,

or if you have PDF Creator (freeware) obtain a PDF file.

post-1832-1231090245_thumb.jpg

post-1832-1231174271_thumb.jpg

-Main window and Light Table window-

post-1832-1231174304_thumb.jpg

-Listing preview (with thumbnails)-

post-1832-1231174857_thumb.jpg

-Spreadsheet view-

Note: with this release it's no more possible to edit the PTE file and it doesn't treat MASK parameters.

Hi, together (all good friends apparently)

I am overwhelmed by the speed and clarity of the feedback. Thanks very much.

For the next steps I have already downloaded and tested the Reporter, and I am already in discussion with Stu.

The Sy(P) Software also looks really interesting. I will have a deeper look to it for sure.

Having such a community gives me a comfortable feeling. I appreciate that. :rolleyes:

Best regards and a happy New Year to all of you.

Reinhard