WnSoft Forums

DVD creating

smithrg

I have eight small PTE EXE slideshows, that I want to burn to DVD for TV.

I open VB and try to import my shows. These shows are all in one folder named PTE shows, when I click on this folder, in the explorer, the folder goes to VB, I then click on this folder, and it jumps back into explorer.

The next thing I tried, was to remove the shows from the folder, and place them on the desktop, and try to import from there, the explorer doesen't even see them.

I must say, I can drill down in the folders, where I have all the edited and resized photos, music etc, and bring the EXE

into VB, and then burn it. I have everything on an 8 gig flashdrive, so I can switch between my PC and my notebook, I moved a copy of my shows to the desktop, thinking this might solve the problem, to no avail. Then I moved the shows out of the folder, and placed them on the desktop, no difference.

I can build and create an EXE slideshow in PTE and immediately open VB and burn this to DVD, why can't I burn shows already created as EXE?

I am a registered user of PTE Deluxe, using 5.6 beta 20.

I have Lin's CD of tutorials, and have checked the online tutorials as well.

Any help would be appreciated, Gayland

XP Pro 32 bit service pack 2

AMD Athlon 64x2 dual core processor 3800

Nvidia GeForce 6100 256 MB ram

Direct X 9.0

Memory 2,560 MB

robertg,

I have eight small PTE EXE slideshows, that I want to burn to DVD for TV

I believe your issue is you are trying to burn the exe files to DVD for TV ? You must use the .pte file that created the exe as your VB file selection to burn to DVD for TV.

why can't I burn shows already created as EXE?

You must use DVD Data format to burn exe's to DVD for PC. Exe's are not converted to DVD Movie format for TV.

PTE/VB does not create DVD'CD Discs to Data format.

i was looking for a screen shot :(

sorry i could not find one with pte's pulled down

ken

Ken, the 8 EXE's that I have created, are all laid out on my desktop, and VB does not recognize them. I can open VB, and the explorer pane doesen't see them. All the other photos, shortcuts, etc are there, but no slideshows.

This doesen't make good sense, VB should recognize the shows created with it's host program.

I think I'll give up, and take a nap.

Thanks for your help, Gayland.

Hi Gayland

VB doesn't use the exe files - it uses the pte project files.

Start PTE

Click on the 'Create' button then choose DVD Video Disk

Use the Explorer pane to navigate to one of your PTE project files (eg proj.pte)

Drag the file down to the area at the bottom of the screen, to start building your DVD sequence

Continue with as many more as you wish, in exactly the same way

Move on to the next stage of designing your menu screen.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

wideangle

Hi Gayland

VB doesn't use the exe files - it uses the pte project files.

Start PTE

Click on the 'Create' button then choose DVD Video Disk

Use the Explorer pane to navigate to one of your PTE project files (eg proj.pte)

Drag the file down to the area at the bottom of the screen, to start building your DVD sequence

Continue with as many more as you wish, in exactly the same way

Move on to the next stage of designing your menu screen.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

wideangle

Hi Wideangle, thank you...the older I get the more stupid I get.

I just didn't get the connection, I assume then, that my old shows that are EXE's without the old project files, cannot be burned to DVD?

Thanks again for all the help, Gayland.

robertg,

I believe your issue is you are trying to burn the exe files to DVD for TV ? You must use the .pte file that created the exe as your VB file selection to burn to DVD for TV.

You must use DVD Data format to burn exe's to DVD for PC. Exe's are not converted to DVD Movie format for TV.

PTE/VB does not create DVD'CD Discs to Data format.

Hi Nobeefstu, thank you.

Your response as well as Wideangle's is exactly what makes this forum so fantastic. Everyone goes out of their way to help

folks such as myself.

Thanks a million to everyone, Gayland.