WnSoft Forums

Re Install Problems

Dave Brown

Hi

I,m after some help Ive just had to re-format my harddrive and after reinstalling Pic to Exe and trying to load my key I get the following

"This file does not contain a license key for pictures to exe, or it contains a key for another product of WnSoft"

I,m using my origional key which was emailed to me.

can anyone help please?

:blink:

It should be a "reg.txt" file and all that you need to do is put it in the PTE folder in Program Files and when asked for it, just direct to the PTE folder - don't open it.

Are you trying to load a Videobuilder key?

DaveG

Hi thanks for the quick reply.

Having now had a look at the key it does appear to be a videobuilder key.

I have tried requesting a new key however have had no reply and i'm getting a wee bit pushed for time on a job Imsupposed to get out.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks very much

scotphot :blink:

Guest Yachtsman1
Hi thanks for the quick reply.

Having now had a look at the key it does appear to be a videobuilder key.

I have tried requesting a new key however have had no reply and i'm getting a wee bit pushed for time on a job Imsupposed to get out.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks very much

scotphot :blink:

If you can search your past emails both keys should be in there, try searching using wnsoft. May be in different emails.

Yachtsman1

If you can search your past emails both keys should be in there, try searching using wnsoft. May be in different emails.

Yachtsman1

Hi

Thanks for the help but after a mega search I still cant find the origional key I guess I,m a bit stuffed I cant understand why wnsoft wont send me a new Key replacement. I dont want to have to buy the programe again or look at somthing else as I doo so like using Pic to Exe its great.

Any more Ideas?

scotphot :(

Did this query ever get resolved please, as I am having exactly the same problem. Unfortunately I don't have any original e mails with the key on, and I have now sent 3 requests for help, with no response. I need to get P2E up and running on my new PC as soon as possible. What do I need to do please?

I had a virus and reloaded everything. Have contacted Winsoft numerous times since January 3rd. I finally received a new key on January 11th. Unfortunately it would not work. I have have a project for my mother's 80th birthday that needs to be completed by Saturday. When I try to create the video, it has the nagging message on the slides.

Any suggestions as to what I can do to receive a key that will work?

There is probably nothing at all wrong with the key.

If it was an attachment marked "reg.txt" all that you need to do is put it into the folder which PTE created in Program Files when you installed.

When PTE asks for the key just point it toward the Program Files/PTE folder and it will recognise it - no need to open it.

If it arrived with you as a string of text in an e-mail just open up "notepad" and copy/paste the text to the notepad document. Save as "reg.txt" and follow instructions as above.

It is possible that WNSOFT sent a "VideoBuilder_RegKey" which is not what you require to get the basic programme running but what you need to upgrade the programme to the Deluxe version.

Can you now be more specific about what you have and report back?

This highlights the need to SAVE these sorts of things to a seperate drive where a fatal crash or recovery necessitated by a virus etc will not affect your most precious belongings.

The "c" drive is for PROGRAMMES - everyone needs extra drives be they USB or internal for storage of DATA which keeps your keys and data safe and also keeps your "c" drive free from clutter and working a lot faster (you still need to clean up and defrag weekly).

DaveG

There is probably nothing at all wrong with the key.

If it was an attachment marked "reg.txt" all that you need to do is put it into the folder which PTE created in Program Files when you installed.

When PTE asks for the key just point it toward the Program Files/PTE folder and it will recognise it - no need to open it.

If it arrived with you as a string of text in an e-mail just open up "notepad" and copy/paste the text to the notepad document. Save as "reg.txt" and follow instructions as above.

It is possible that WNSOFT sent a "VideoBuilder_RegKey" which is not what you require to get the basic programme running but what you need to upgrade the programme to the Deluxe version.

Can you now be more specific about what you have and report back?

This highlights the need to SAVE these sorts of things to a seperate drive where a fatal crash or recovery necessitated by a virus etc will not affect your most precious belongings.

The "c" drive is for PROGRAMMES - everyone needs extra drives be they USB or internal for storage of DATA which keeps your keys and data safe and also keeps your "c" drive free from clutter and working a lot faster (you still need to clean up and defrag weekly).

DaveG

I have the deluxe version which was purchased early last year. I am able to create the video and view it on the computer. When I try to put it to a dvd it has the nagging message on the slides. When I try to load the key, it tells me that it is corrupt or invalid. I am far from a computer expert, but I believe there is a problem with the key.

OK - I don't recognise the PTE.TXT name but if you open it in notepad or similar does it contain a string of text possibly beginning with REGIT.......?

There is an FAQ in the TUTORIALS section - have you looked there?

DaveG

Dave,

These are the instructions they sent:

"Hello,

I have attached your register key to this e-mail. Please, save the file

to any folder, rename it to pte.key and run it to register the

program"

I did look at the tutitorials without any success. Is there something that I am missing, or do you think there could be something wrong with what I received?

Are you saying that it does nothing?

Or does it do something and then still not work?

One other thing to try: If you click on START you should see RUN as an option - try browsing to your "reg.reg" or "pte.reg" and run that?

DaveG

Dave,

It brings up the program and when I try to burn the video, it asks for a key again. Is it possible that there is a different key for the video?

It tried the other two suggestions with no luck.

Yes, that's what I was trying to get to.

The key needed for burning the DVD is the VideoBuilder_RegKey which you may or may not have previously upgraded to.

If you did then you need Igor to send it again.

If you did not then you need to upgrade.

DaveG

Dave,

I will request another key. I did purchase Deluxe which included the video builder. I'm sorry but I don't know who Igor is. Would that be the help people on the website?