WnSoft Forums

Re Install Problems

Dave Brown

Dave,

I sent the request. I appreciate your help and certainly hope they respond faster than they have. I have been trying to resolve this since January 3rd and have sent numerous e-mails with only one reply.

Thanks again

Pat

Hi Pat,

Igor was on holiday during the dates you mentioned, thats probably the reason you did not get a reply as he always replies very quickly. I know you have just joined, but he did mention it to the forum. Im sure it would help you to spend a little time browsing the forums as like you I am new here but I do understand pics to exe fairly well, but some of the guys on here are extremely knowledgable about pics to exe and have written some fantastic stuff on the subject, I have learned so much in the short time I have been here thanks to the forum topics.

Regards

ralph

Guest Yachtsman1
Dave,

I will add that to the message I sent. I purchased Deluxe last February and am using the same e-mail address. I did send the order ID and all the information they requested with my first request.

If you are using the same email address, one would assume your emails are stored on a server, not on your old PC or hard drive. If you open your email home page there should be a search facility. If there is type in "wnsoft" & this should bring up every piece of correspondence with Pictures to Exe, including all the necessary keys. I know it's frustrating I went through this a couple of months ago with a friends computer.

Yachtsman1

I think (I could be wrong) that she had to format her hard drive which POSSIBLY means that she lost everything stored on the hard drive.

If, like me, she uses OUTLOOK then the emails were stored on the hard drive which she lost. Once they are downloaded by Outlook they no longer exist anywhere else (in my case).

This is why I mentioned that programmes and programmes alone should be stored on the "c" drive and any data should be on a separate USB or internal hard drive.

Outlook email files, should also be archived to a separate drive. That way if your "c" drive goes down for any reason your data is not lost.

It also has the added benefit that it reduces clutter and makes for a more efficient, faster system which in any case SHOULD be cleaned up and defragged every week with a programme that gives smart placement as well as defragging to ensure that all of your free space is in one place (for a week).

DaveG

Dave,

I have tried it both ways and no luck. Any other suggestions? I certainly appreciate all of your help.

Hello Pattie,

Sometimes renaming a file in Windows adds the new extension to the filename instead of replacing the existing extension, e.g. if you attempt to rename 'pte.key' to 'pte.reg', you can get a file called 'pte.key.reg' which of course will not work.

How did you go about renaming the file?

BTW, it's not very well known, but a registry file inserts the data portion directly into the registry, and the easiest way is to use the .reg extension, then run the file as if it were a program. The data will be added into the registry from any folder the file is in; there's no need to copy it into the PTE folder. Once the key is in the registry, PTE will find it, and so will all future versions of PTE

This is not so with Videobuilder, you will need a new key for that every two years, as I understand it.

Colin