WnSoft Forums

Ripple effect

Mike Reed

I am trying to get a very soft ripple effect ( almost a shimmer) dissolve running from the top to the bottom. I have seen it done but just cannot remember how to achieve it. Any help always appreciated.

Guest Yachtsman1
I am trying to get a very soft ripple effect ( almost a shimmer) dissolve running from the top to the bottom. I have seen it done but just cannot remember how to achieve it. Any help always appreciated.

Hi Mike

If you are referring to moir, which is what we normally try to avoid, I assume if you up the file size of the image you want to have a ripple effect you may get what you want. With this method a lot depends on the picture, bricks grass water seem good subjects, then again there may be a fancy way. If you use distort in filters in elements 5 and use the same slide with gradual distortions you may acheive what you want.

Ley us know if you get what you want.

Yachtsman1

Hi Mike, you can use a program named PhotoFiltre, and go to Filter > Deform > Ripple, and adjust effect that you want.

The older version was free, but the new version isn't, but maybe the older version is still avalable somewhere.

Hope this helps, regards, Gayland

Mike,

Try Page Effect Top-to-Bottom but with "Own thickness of smoothing line" ticked and the percentage set to 50% or greater - and a long transition duration (5 seconds or more).

regards,

Peter

Thanks Peter

Just as I remembered it and it worked a treat.

You might care to have a look at my posting re templates of today for I am struggling with this.

regards Mike