WnSoft Forums

Help Installing 5.6

wolfhound

I am a new member to the forum.

I like pictures to exe and I know lots of people who use it who are very happy with it.

However I have always had problems.

I have tried to purchase Pictures to exe. on a number of occasions. I can not get the Web site to accept my payment by card, (a Maestro). Although I have bought many things on line.

This is not the first time I have tried to purchase Pictures to exe. and, normally I get so frustrated I just shut down and use a rival AV system. This time I got directed to the Invoice system , so I decided to give it a try. I have printed out the invoice and sent of a check off this afternoon.

In the mean time I thought I would download the trial version of 5.6. Disaster!

I cannot get it to install and now I am worried that I have sent off my fee and the product wont work on my system.

I am using Vista Home Edition and every time I try to run the installation I get the blue screen of death and everthing shuts down. I have even tried installing in Safe mode, with and without Firewall and Virus Checkers but to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Please.

Ivor

Hi Peter,

The only difference between Home Basic and Home Premium which appear to have any relevance is that Home Premium say it can "create high definition movies". I doubt this is really an issue with installation and I think we have several users who are using Vista Home Basic edition. Apparently Vista Home Basic and Vista Business don't have Movie Maker HD or Movie Maker included.

I "think" you must have and be logged in with "administrator" rights to install. Someone who is using Vista might confirm or deny this....

Best regards,

Lin

I use only one "userid" on my Vista PCs - and that user is defined as Adminstrator rights. However, Vista then routinely downgrades the userid's rights until I try and do something (such as software install) that requires Adminstrator rights. At that point I have to work through a succession of "nag" screens while Vista tries to determine if I am who I say I am, if I really want do what I want to do; and if I would like Administrator rights in order to do it.

A right "pain in the a***"; but if I accept the pain then I get the benefits (e.g. installation of this wonderful software product that we call PTE).

regards,

Peter

I paid with a Maestro card and had no problem doing so, I also have home premium and once again no problem, one thing I might add is that I disabled User Account Control in Vista, it really is a pain in neck, not everyone will agree in disabling UAC but it helped me no end.

For many, this is probably the most irritating Vista feature of all. You’ll probably encounter it within minutes of using the operating system and it’ll continue to bug you on a regular basis.

Any tasks that require administrator privileges to run require you to explicitly authorise them each time. This takes the form of a dimmed screen and a dialogue box alerting you to the fact that a program needs elevated privileges to continue.

Of course, preventing user programs from performing unauthorised functions is a good thing. Without access to privileged system components, malware is unable to wreak the havoc it enjoyed under XP.

Most other modern operating systems have a similar security system. However, Vista’s implementation can be disruptive to your work.

ALTHOUGH ITS NOT RECOMMENDED, User Access Control (UAC) is easy to turn off. Open up the control panel and go to User Accounts. Under ‘Make changes to your user account’, the bottom option is ‘Turn User Account Control on or off’.

Ralph

I use only one "userid" on my Vista PCs - and that user is defined as Adminstrator rights. However, Vista then routinely downgrades the userid's rights until I try and do something (such as software install) that requires Adminstrator rights. At that point I have to work through a succession of "nag" screens while Vista tries to determine if I am who I say I am, if I really want do what I want to do; and if I would like Administrator rights in order to do it.

A right "pain in the a***"; but if I accept the pain then I get the benefits (e.g. installation of this wonderful software product that we call PTE).

regards,

Peter

Thanks for your responses, I've been away to watch one of my fav tv progs. Numbers.

Yes I can relate to all that.

I get all the nag screens I am the Administrator and it then goes on to run the installation past all the I agree screens and the I will make icons etc, runs for a few secs or so then Blue Screen of Death.

It has not installed any icons on the desk top.

Ther is a folder in the All Programs Menu and inside five blank text items named PicturesToExe, PicturestoExe on the web, Uninstall, User guide, Video builder. None of them work.

When I check if there is anything installed the Program files, I find that there is a folder WnSoft Pictures to exe an inside that a folder called 5.6 .

Inside that there is 2 more folders One called ALL and the other called VIDEO BUILDER and there are a further 41 files. There is a exe file there but I am loath to try it in case I do not have all the files I should have.

Ivor

Ivor,

It sounds to me like you have all the files, if you scroll down you will see one with pic (arrow) exe written on the icon, if you double click on that it should open.

Its late now but you might get more help from our friends in the states but like I said it does look like you have the files.

Ralph

Ivor,

It sounds to me like you have all the files, if you scroll down you will see one with pic (arrow) exe written on the icon, if you double click on that it should open.

Its late now but you might get more help from our friends in the states but like I said it does look like you have the files.

Ralph

Thanks for that Ralph its what I wanted to know so I'll give it a try and probably let you know tomorrow if its a success.

Ivor

Ivor,

Write down the Error Codes you are receiving in the Blue Screen. These numbers can help to trace the fault.

You have 32bit or 64bit system ?

Link:

Blue Screen of Death - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STOP_error

Just crawled out of bed with excruciating tooth ache - wanted to try this out.

Got three blue screens of death one after the other, so set myself up with pen and paper to note down any codes I could see. Low and behold it worked.

I dont understand what is going on.

I'll creep back to bed for now and resume when I feel more upto it.

Thanks every one.

Fingers crossed.

Ivor

Just crawled out of bed with excruciating tooth ache - wanted to try this out.

Got three blue screens of death one after the other, so set myself up with pen and paper to note down any codes I could see. Low and behold it worked.

I dont understand what is going on.

I'll creep back to bed for now and resume when I feel more upto it.

Thanks every one.

Fingers crossed.

Ivor

Just an update.

I didnt get out of bed yesterday, so I have spent an hour in my drugged state playing this afternoon.

I now seem to have a working version of 5.6.

Its really most strange that all of a sudden it works.

Any way as long as it stays that way I'm happy.

Ivor