WnSoft Forums

Bug in 5.6

tc_leeds

Igor,

I believe there is a bug in 5.6. When an "action on mouse click" has been created with a text or button there is no "mouse over" recognition when running as an exe file or in preview mode. ie The cursor remains the same and does not change to identify the designated action. Or as I put it in a post with Peter, "the fist with the pointed finger" does not appear when the cursor is placed over the button or text..

Hope this helps

All the best

Tony

Tony,

The cursor remains the same and does not change to identify the designated action.

I believe mouse-over cursor was last used in v4.48-49 ... its use was not continued in v5 onwards.

The only reason I suspect it was omitted was now version 5 onwards has highlighted buttons and text highlight options.

However, I have also noticed when using images with click actions there is no mouse-over cursor or highlight indication in v5 ... where as earlier versions had such indication.

So your are correct that there is no mouse-over cursor indication on clickable objects ... It would be a welcome-back addition.

I agree with Tony. I've just spent the last few days preparing a menu for the 321 Competition that will be held next weekend in Aldbourne, and found that the Run File command whether applied to a button, text or an object only works intermittantly, and with no "hand" icon to indicate its presence. I have 56 sequences to launch over several pages of menu, and there is no pattern as to which ones work and which ones don't.

In the end I opened the project in 5.1 and re-saved and they all worked perfectly with the 'hand' icon present.

Ian

I would also agree with both Tony and Ian, and reply here to keep the post live and hope that Igor has not overlooked what seems to be an annoying loss of a feature.

When the show is passed beyond the control of the author then how is the recipient to find the clickable objects or hot spots???

DEN (NE UK)

Hi Ian,

Understood now - works for all objects "other" than buttons in 5.1. I emailed Igor about this:

Lin

Hi Ian,

Do I understand correctly that you see a mouse-over "hand-icon" with 5.1?? I can't make that work on my 5.1 or any of the 5x series up to and including 5.6. I see it in 4.9 but not in 5.0 and above so I'm wondering what is happening?

Do you by chance have a "hand-icon" defaulted as your mouse position indicator? I'm wondering if there is something going on which is different depending on how one's mouse software is set up rather than a PTE issue?

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Ian,

Do I understand correctly that you see a mouse-over "hand-icon" with 5.1?? I can't make that work on my 5.1 or any of the 5x series up to and including 5.6. I see it in 4.9 but not in 5.0 and above so I'm wondering what is happening?

Do you by chance have a "hand-icon" defaulted as your mouse position indicator? I'm wondering if there is something going on which is different depending on how one's mouse software is set up rather than a PTE issue?

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

The mouse-over "hand icon" appears in 5.5 if you use it on text but does not appear when using a button. I have just run a show tonight using this facility.

Tony

Hi Tony,

I just tested it, you're right. Actually, it works for "everything" except a button in 5.1. It works for a rectangle, a frame, an image or text.

I'm sure this is an oversight in 5.6. I understand why they don't use it for a button since the button can have attributes assigned for mouseover in terms of color change, etc.,

Of course it's possible to use a rectangle, an object or frame or even text made invisible by opacity settings so "if" one wanted a hidden "hot spot" then it would be possible to see where it was by mouse-over. I suspect that's the way they intended for it to work.

I'll inform Igor....

Best regards,

Lin

Lin

I can confirm that in 5.5 the 'hand icon' appears when mousing over text, frames, rectangles and images but not buttons. In 5.6 - NOTHING!

I see no real logic here as (in my previous post) how is a remote user to find the clickable hot spots, images or text to run the sequence as intended?

I look forward to Igor's take on this one!

DEN (NE UK)