WnSoft Forums

Improved text objects in future PicturesToExe 5.7

Igor

We have finished this improvement for next version 5.7. I remember we were asked many times for this feature:

Igor

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOO ! :(

Is there any chance that text comments in JPEG files function can be improved? It's certainly been on the request list for some time. Though I don't remember all of the requests, I know many asked for the reading of IPTC fields, as well as a few bugs in the JPEG EXIF field reading functions.

Well, to be more specific, here is what I would like to see improved with P2E Text function

1. Allow comments entered into P2E to be written to the JPEG. I find it much easier to add comments after most of the slideshow is finished, going from the first picture to the last. It is much more work to use a program like Exifer to add the comments because you first have to locate the images you have used in the slideshow from other pictures in the folder and then have to hunt for them since the order they are shown in P2E is not the order they are sorted in the picture folder. And I don't care much for saving the comments in the P2E project file itself (using the comment box at the top) because I don't expect to keep P2E project files for 30 years, but do expect to keep the photo files themselves.

2. Add IPTC comment and description fields. Others seem to feel the IPTC fields are more consistent and robust across photo applications and have requested this. Others can chime in here as well because I don't use IPTC fields.

Steve Newcomb

Tucson, AZ USA

Steve,

I think you might be talking about a different "text" to that being discussed in this thread. It is my understanding that this thread is talking about "text" that is visible in the displayed or projected slide image. My understanding of the "text" that you are talking about is that it is meta-data that is associated with the image but not usually, if ever, forming part of the displayed image.

If I am correct in my understandings, you might be better off moving your post to form the start point of a new topic under "Ideas and suggestions" rather than introducing, what might prove to be, a confusing aspect into this debate.

If I have totally mis-understood everything, then I apologise to one and all.

regards

Peter

Peter,

You are correct that text pulled from JPEG files is not the exact same issue as the Text Objects in the O&A window, but they are closely related. In my case, practically all the text that ever ends up in my slideshows comes from JPEG files, as I explained I have no interest in storing this text information in P2E project files. Though the source is different, this text is treated as a Text Object in every other way.

In reference to putting this request in the Ideas section, it has already been done several times, by different people. It is a long standing issue (years).

Steve Newcomb

Tucson, AZ USA