WnSoft Forums

Transferrring PTE to a non web enabled laptop

CharlieMcD

Laplink, file transfer program, etc.

Zip utilities to compress Pix2Exe executable or a file splitter program (rejoin the files on Laptop!)

Try a shareware program called Link Maven. Download the file and you get to use it for 25 times, before it allows you to transfer anything else. It runs off the parallel port.

I have used it twice already, for a major pc to laptop file transfer. I have 23 "uses" left!

Heh heh!

:D

I'm sure I must be missing something simple but I copied my pte folder onto a CD after tranferring the PTE.key file into that folder. I transferred the folder onto my lap top, I clicked the unlock code icon but can't figure out how to actually intall the program. Clicking on the PTE icon comes up with a mesage file access denied. Help!

Charlie

Charlie,

Once you get the PTE files onto your laptop you will need to install PTE. Make sure you have copied the latest zipped file, "apr.zip", available at the top of this forum. This contains all the new files for the latest version, 4.10 of PTE. This can be put onto a floppy as cc has already said, and copied to your laptop.

Un-zip the 7 files, and copy them into the folder on your laptop, making sure you answer "yes to all" when asked if you want to replace the existing file.

Then double-click on "Setup", and follow instructions. Make sure your "key" file is in the folder before you run "Setup".

Hope this helps.