WnSoft Forums

NEW SHOW

JEB

Hi,

Some, may be interested in downloading this documentary style show from Media Fire:-

http://www.mediafire.com/?zyjwmzjudnn

I warn you it is a large file (176MB) and the show lasts approximately 35 minutes.

It was photographed over a period of some 10 months by myself and several other members of the Beeslack, Penicuik Camera Club as a joint venture. The script was also written jointly, though, like the show was edited and compiled by myself, being the principal PTE addict in our club.

We thank in advance those who go to the trouble of downloading this and would very much welcome your views and constructive criticisms.

John

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Thank you for your comments.

I realise that it is a very long show so do appreciate you having gone to the trouble.

I am however srprised that there have been no other responses as according to Beechbrook there have been 244 downloads and mediafire 69. It may well be that people have started a download and then abandoned it when they realise how long it is going to take. It also could be that folks haven't liked what they've seen and are too polite to comment!!!!

John

Hi,

Thank you for your comments.

I realise that it is a very long show so do appreciate you having gone to the trouble.

I am however srprised that there have been no other responses as according to Beechbrook there have been 244 downloads and mediafire 69. It may well be that people have started a download and then abandoned it when they realise how long it is going to take. It also could be that folks haven't liked what they've seen and are too polite to comment!!!!

John

Hi, John

I didn't download, yet, your slideshow because it will take sometime due to its big size, and I am not available now. But I will do it soon because it must be a very good show and I am interested in Edimburgh.

In the meantime, I am sorry to ask you which technique are you using to "count" number of downloads (244, as you say)? And what is the difference between "244 downloads" and "mediafire 69"?

In fact, I should like to know how many downloads people make of my slideshows, but I don't know how!

Thanks very much in advance and best regards,

Jose

Thanks Ray, I can assure you the castle hasn't changed much since 1949. At that time I was just a boy (8) and living within sight of the castle though now I live out of Edinburgh I still see it regularly though only visited it last year for the first time in about fifty years to take pictures. How you take things for granted!

Jose,

Both MediaFire and Beechbrook give this information. In the case of Beechbrook it is there for all to see. However I think this info is only available to the author as far as Mediafire is concerned but I may be wrong. The only reason I used MediaFire is that I was having trouble uploading such a large file to Beechbrook but thanks to Bill we were able to overcome that eventually.

Regards

John

Thanks Ray, I can assure you the castle hasn't changed much since 1949. At that time I was just a boy (8) and living within sight of the castle though now I live out of Edinburgh I still see it regularly though only visited it last year for the first time in about fifty years to take pictures. How you take things for granted!

Jose,

Both MediaFire and Beechbrook give this information. In the case of Beechbrook it is there for all to see. However I think this info is only available to the author as far as Mediafire is concerned but I may be wrong. The only reason I used MediaFire is that I was having trouble uploading such a large file to Beechbrook but thanks to Bill we were able to overcome that eventually.

Regards

John

John,

Thanks for your help. I choosed "CCOUNT", suggested by THEDOM. It is easy to install and run.

Best regards,

Jose

• 3 weeks later...

Exellent show well put together. Nice relaxed commentry. A long sequence but it held me quite well. There are som images wich do not reach the standard of the vast majority of those in the show. I would suggest a re shooting of these to raise the standard of the piece. Well done to all involved

Hi,

We thank in advance those who go to the trouble of downloading this and would very much welcome your views and constructive criticisms.

John

John

Thoroughly enjoyed the av and found the commentary informative and very professionally incorporated - not something that is easily achieved. As some else said - very relaxed.

I think the av is so long it would benefit from being split down into sections and driven from a start-up menu. This would allow viewers to stop and pick up again from where they left off. Similarly there are sections that I know some of my friends would be particularly interested in and a front end menu would enable me to show them that section alone.

Malcolm

Alan & Malcolm,

Excuse me for not responding before now but I have been away from home for a week.

Thanks for your time in watching and particularly for also taking time to comment.

It is on my "to-do" list to do two things. One to break it down into sections as you suggest and two, to compile an abridged version of about 10 to 15 minutes in length.

This was a joint effort as a summer project for club members with the objective of getting as many people contributing as possible. I then had the task of editing in such a way that everybody had images selected. It was quite a legistical excercise getting everything covered while at the same time trying to satisfy every bodies wishes of where to go. Some of those involved provided scripts for the area they covered and these were edited into the finished script. Much of the research was done as we proceeded so this obviously resulted in several re-visits to get images demanded by the evolving script. Purists would say that this would be the wrong way to go about it but we had the benefit of living within 10 miles of Edinburgh and no particular time issues to meet.

Regards

John