WnSoft Forums

ShowVideoPTE

thedom

I want to make a family AV with PTE that includes short videos.

As my PC was stolen last summer, I do not have granot's utility ShowVideoPTE any more.

And it is not hosted on granot's page http://www.thailandphotoalbum.com/ any more.

Could anybody send me a copy of this wonderful tool to thefreedom @ free.fr ?

Thanks.

Thanks to you Ken and to Udo who send me "the precious" too. :)

Hi TheDom, just out of curiosity, what does this little program do, and would other PTE users need it?

Just curious, Gayland

Here is the begining of the readme file.

You might find it interesting if you want to "include" videos in your slideshows.

ShowVideoPTE

=============

This utility was made for "PicturesToExe" users to display videos over show. You can display a different video on each slide up to 99 shows. These files should work but I didn't try them all:

AVI, WMV, QT, MPG, MPEG, MOV, M1V, ASX, ASF.

You can also position each video on a different location on the screen. Cutomise screen location is option and it is done by using "Vidset.ini" file. If you do not include "Vidset.ini" file then all videos will be displayed on the centre of screen.

How it works

==========

When you first run "ShowVideoPTE.exe" (using "Run external application") it will display your first video and start counting. It will write to a temporary file in "C:\vidtmp.ini" the number 2 (the next video to run). When you run "ShowVideoPTE.exe" for a second time (from another slide) it will read the number 2 on "C:\vidtmp.ini" and run video number 2. It will also write the number 3 for next run. Any previous temporary file (created by previous run of the show) should be deleted before runing your first video. This is done by running "Deletevidtmp.exe". You can run "Deletevidtmp.exe" on any slide but should be before the slide which has your first video.

(Another option is to run "Deletevidtmp.exe" at the end of show using "Project options > Advanced > Run application after last slide" but in this case you will have to modify your pte file before compiling it to force the show to run this file even if user exit in the middle of show and did not reached the last slide. (You can do this change, manually, or using "ModifyPTE.exe" utility which you can download from my web page).

If you want to hide the Task Bar during video display then you will need to include "HideShowTB.exe" utility which you can download from my web page. Run "HideShowTB.exe" with parameter 0 (Write like this: HideShowTB.exe 0) before your first video and run it without parameter on last slide. This means you must modify your pte file before compiling it to force the show to run this file even if user exit in the middle of show and did not reached the last slide. (You can do this change, manually, or using "ModifyPTE.exe" utility which you can download from my web page). If your show is not full screen mode then no need for you to hide the task bar.

Each time "ShowVideoPTE.exe" is run, it will look in "Vidset.ini" file (if included) and display the video in the position written in the line number as the video number (see below).

Unfortunately, ShowVideoPTE seems to be not compatible with Vista.

This utility needs to write in a temporary file and Vista won't let do it.

The other problem is that Marcovelo's HidesTaskBar v2 (to hide the taskbar during play back of videos) seems to be incompatible with PTE v5.6.1.

For both problems, see screen capture attached.

It means, there is no way today to be able to play videos.

Of course, I can convert the slideshow into a video and insert the videos but that's not what I was looking for.

Too bad.

post-2148-1238103912_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...
The other problem is that Marcovelo's HidesTaskBar v2 (to hide the taskbar during play back of videos) seems to be incompatible with PTE v5.6.1.

I'm a little bit late on this issue, sorry :unsure: . (Please Dominique feel free to send me a MP or email in such case ...)

Your were right, HideTaskBar.exe version 2.0 was not working with PTE version 5.6 and later, sorry for the inconvenience.

I have fixed the problem and released a new version 2.1 of HideTaskBar.exe (compatible PTE 4.x, 5.5, 5.6 and 5.7 beta 9 as far as I know).

You can download it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=e68f1c7db3910a036b21be4093fab7ace04e75f6e8ebb871

Dominique, you can also share this PTE utility via your web site for downloads (it is released on freeware license).

Cheers,

Marco

Warning: please note that it seems there is a recurrent bug in PTE 5.6 and 5.7 beta X with the option "Run external application" which does not work at all on first slide (Slide #1: you can try with calc.exe). Check this reported issue on this thread: http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10379&st=20&p=66105&hl=\run%20external%20application&092;&entry66105.

A workaround can be to insert a "dummy" slide #1 (a copy of your original Slide#1 with a duration of 200ms for example) in order to skip the slide#1 bug.