WnSoft Forums

menu possibility

Jenni

I have 3 exe files. The 1st exe is basically a one page menu with buttons. What I an trying to do is click on a button to run the 2nd exe which is a single slide showing a diagram. Then on this 2nd exe slide i have a button to run a 3rd exe file which is a slide show. What I would like is for the 3rd exe file to return to the 1st exe (menu page) when its finished. The problem I am getting is that the 3rd exe file is returning to the 2nd exe. Is it possible to do what I have described?

Im using PTE 5.6.

Thanks in advance, Jenni

Hello Jenni,

If I understand correctly what you want to achieve, I think you will have the best result if you make a single exe.

If you use "Run external application", the windows taskbar is visible for one second (at least on my pc).

Here is what you have to make :

- slide # 1 : your menu with option "loop this slide" and two buttons :

Button A : go to slide #2

Button B : go to slide #3

- slide # 2 : your diagram with option "loop this slide" and one button :

Button B : go to slide #3

- slide #3 to #n : your "third slideshow"

- slide #n+1 : your menu (identical to slide #1).

It should work. See simplified PTE project below.

Menu4Jenni.zip

Thankyou for your method and file. I'm not sure I'm fully understanding but I will try it out tonight. I actually have about 7 buttons on the 1st (menu) slide, each starting a different slideshow and each currently set to "run slideshow with return". Apart from the exe diagram file which has a button on it, the others are just a slideshow. Am I doing this correctly?.

Thanks, Jenni

I have 3 exe files. The 1st exe is basically a one page menu with buttons. What I an trying to do is click on a button to run the 2nd exe which is a single slide showing a diagram. Then on this 2nd exe slide i have a button to run a 3rd exe file which is a slide show. What I would like is for the 3rd exe file to return to the 1st exe (menu page) when its finished. The problem I am getting is that the 3rd exe file is returning to the 2nd exe. Is it possible to do what I have described...

Jenni,

You may try another option: Keep the structure of 3 shows. For your 2nd exe file, use as action for your button "Run slideshow" (without return) in order to go to the 3rd show. For the 3rd exe file: Go to 'Project Options > More' and use the command "Run slideshow" to be run on exit, here to go back to the 1st show.

Best regards,

Xaver

Munich