WnSoft Forums

PTE freezes

luno

Dear all,

Had to reformat my PC two weeks ago and reinstall all software from scratch. I do have all the latest video card and directx software but still cannot get PTE to work properly again! It starts up fine and I can scroll through all menus but as soon as I want to start to work on a presentation and drag a picture to the slide list at the bottom, PTE freezes and I have to hard reboot my PC.

Anyone who knows what to do?

Thanks a lot.

Luc

NVidea GeForce 6200

DirectX 9.0c

Windows XP Pro

PTE 5.6

It is very unusual issue if take in attention that you already installed latest DirectX and drivers. Your description of the problem clearly shows that PicturesToExe can not initialize hardware accelerated 3D mode.

Did you try to install all updates from the Windows Update including drivers for video card?

Could you please run some 3D game? Or visit Start menu | Run | type dxdiag.exe choose second tab "Display" and click "Check Direct3D". This will perform several tests. Let me know about result.

Igor,

Thanks... After reinstalling my PC I had a lot of trouble getting Adobe Lightroom to work and also some games! They were also freezing. By updating drivers, I got them ok again. Unfortunately, this did not work for PTE. I did the Direct3D test before without problems.

I decided yesterday evening to replace my video card (PNY NVidia 6200) by my older card again (MSI NVidia 5600).

Now everything works fine!!

The PNY card is for the bin ;-)

Thanks.